X

New guy from South Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from South Florida

Hello everyone. Name's Branden. I've been lurking on the forum for a few days, but finally decided to join up as it looks like I will be purchasing my friend's 600 soon. I'll be new to Kats, but not new to riding or Suzukis for that mater. I used to ride a GSXR 600 when I was in high school and for a short time after that. I stopped riding in 07 after seeing a very bad accident that ended with the passing of a very close friend of mine. I told myself I would never get on a bike again, but I've never been able to shake the desire to be on 2 wheels. It's taken this long for me to build up the courage to get back on a bike, but I ended up getting on my friend's Kat and was hooked again. Right now I'm just trying to find the time to go take the safety class so I can get my license before I buy the bike. Plus it's been very dificult to get my wife on board given my history with bikes and the fact that we have our first baby due in december. I've gorwn up a lot in that past 6 years and have decided speed is not what I'm looking for and the Kat fit me well after riding it for a couple days. I'm looking forward to making it mine and getting to know some of you all.

Good on you mate, can't be easy for you. Welcome to KR and most importantly, welcome back to biking!
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Welcome to Kr !

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Looks like I'll have to wait about 2 months to get my Kat. I have inventory at work and cant take the MSF class till mid november when everything is finished, but my friend wont sell me thebike till I have my endorsement he also took the bike back till then as well. I know he's doing it to keep me legal, but now I have this uncontrolable itch to be back on a bike.

Comment

Welcome to kr!

Comment

Originally posted by Bkohs View Post
            Thanks for the welcome guys. Looks like I'll have to wait about 2 months to get my Kat. I have inventory at work and cant take the MSF class till mid november when everything is finished, but my friend wont sell me thebike till I have my endorsement he also took the bike back till then as well. I know he's doing it to keep me legal, but now I have this uncontrolable itch to be back on a bike.
            Your friend is a true friend, good on him
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
              Your friend is a true friend, good on him
              Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                X