Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

canadian rider, 05 kat600, layed it down , need ideas!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadian rider, 05 kat600, layed it down , need ideas!!!

so ya layed my mint cond. kat down, exhaust side. scratched the exhaust, road rashed the main fairing and signal, took off the footpeg and wrecked the engine cover. insurance wrote it off so i bought it back for 360$, no frame damage or fork damage, all cosmetic minus the engine cover (leaks oil/doesnt hold oil) so im in good shape as of total investment, anyways...
    need some ideas on what way to go on getter her shiny again..i live in northern canada so i only ride 3-4 mnths of the year, i will have at least 6 mnths to work on it before riding time comes again....guess ill start a topic on it in the proper area.....any help would be appreciated as this is my first road bike....

sorry for your bike, i bet you can manage to fix it for not too much if you look for used parts and stuff. Did you take any pictures of the damages?
    GSX600F '97

Comment

Welcome to KR! Not a great way to start experiencing this forum but at least you're okay and the bike will eventually be repaired.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR! Sorry to hear about your bike. Hope you are ok. As for any ideas, if you haven't done the fender chop or mesh mod now may be the time.
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Get parts, fix bike and ride.

Comment

The OEM fairings are really expensive.

Some people have tried the chinese knock-offs with mixed reviews, you can search for their threads.

The other stuff sounds fairly easy and cheap to repair.

You'll have a salvage title when you do sell it, so you may want to be conservative with the amount of money you spend on the repairs.

Lots of Canadians on the forum so you'll fit right in saying "eh"
            Blackdog
            DRz-400e plated
            Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Welcome to KR, sorry to hear about the bike, at this point just enjoy fixing it up!
              92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

so let me get this straight. you got the book value for the bike from the insurance company, they let you buy it back for $360. You're probably up $3000. Sell the Katana for $1500 and pocket another $1200. Take the money to your local horse track, find a horse named Lucky and just go for it!

/end terrible advice
                -Brandon

Comment

ya i lucked out with insurance, and once i fix it i can have it inspected and the salvage title removed and have it declared safe for highway use again, i have pics up in longter projects if you want to check it out.

Comment

Yes you will need it inspected
                    NO you can not remove the salvage brand on the title

Once the title is branded thats it
                    It is so you can not sell it to some one with out disclosing the history

Make sure you keep all reciepts as proof of repair
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                      Lots of Canadians on the forum so you'll fit right in saying "eh"
                      eh! i don't say "eh" that much budday! I've aboot had it with all these gosh darn stereotypes!

sorry if i insulted you friend

ok i digress, welcome to the forum from ontario
                      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Working...
                      X