X

OK guys here she is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK guys here she is....

With much determination, learning and help from many fantastic people around here, and a very good friend of mine who knows alot about bikes, she is finally rideable!

Please don't jump the gun thinking that I'M thinkin its perfect, theres still alot to do, she needs cleaned up BADLY, she sat in a very busy shop and who knows what she is covered in, You can see the swingarm is still covered in whatever the previous owner used for lubricant, Brakes, Front and Back need to be cleaned, they have a decent amount of grime on them.... The chain still needs to be thuroghly serviced, cleaned and lubed. which will happen this weekend. I would like to go through it this winter after I have had some time with her the last thing I want to do 50 miles into my riding experience is watch her get taken BACK apart and sit while I clean.... I don't have alot of riding time left before its just unbearably cold for my newbie ***! So I'm going to enjoy it a bit!

Long story short, Installed the carbs from Arsenic, Fantastic work that man does! she primed and started RIGHT up and just Puuuurrrrrrred. Sync'd and new battery I left this morning to fuel up and proceeded to the DMV to Title and Register. With new plates, insurance and freshly printed motorcycle endorsement....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY a running motorcycle that is just oh soooo sweet I'm ready to finally ride!

So far on the NEED to do:
    Chain inspection, cleaning and lubrication
    Choke Cable
    Clean!
    Attached Files
    92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Congrats on getting her running! What mods do you have in mind for winter?..and maybe it's my laptop.....but in the pic, I don't see any front flashers nor mirrors. I could be wrong, but personally, I wouldn't go out in traffic without them. I'm not sure of your laws there to get a bike registered, but up here it wouldn't fly. Be extra careful in the meantime.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Congrats on getting her running! What mods do you have in mind for winter?..and maybe it's my laptop.....but in the pic, I don't see any front flashers nor mirrors. I could be wrong, but personally, I wouldn't go out in traffic without them. I'm not sure of your laws there to get a bike registered, but up here it wouldn't fly. Be extra careful in the meantime.
        Need mirrors, front and rear flashers, headlight, taillight, license plate light. Same here in the States.
        Extra life.

Comment

Yes, it still is missing mirrors and signals... Head and Tail lights work as well as license plate light, the little bit of slinking around the backroads I've done is with hand signals. As I said before there is still much to do, We are currently trying to find some signals to mount up as temporary until my plastics are ready. You can't tell me you would let that sweet little thing just sit in YOUR parking space without taking it for a spin, turn signals mounted or not

Trust me when I say I'm taking my time with her, she is unlike ANYTHING I have ever driven

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

welcome to kr looks like you will have your hands full for a little while we been there times two

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
            >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

You might want to consider upgrading the rear shock. I did on my 93 about a month ago. It handles and rides much better now.

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
              swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
              Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Talltec View Post
                welcome to kr looks like you will have your hands full for a little while we been there times two
                Yes but I love it, it keeps me busy.... I put 50 miles on her after work today

Originally posted by everready View Post
                You might want to consider upgrading the rear shock. I did on my 93 about a month ago. It handles and rides much better now.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117405
                Yep! I've already read about it several times and hear nothing but good things! I'm going to consider it as a winter project if I can get the money together

Comment

thats a good start. welcome
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Welcome to kr

Comment

Welcome and good luck
                      Ride like it's your last ride
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone, really happy to be apart of this site and the wonderful experience of riding motorcycles! I have several friends who ride and ready to do some rides, but I don't feel quite ready and confident enough to ride in a group yet, except for my first 2 rides its been off on my own at my own pace tinkering with mine and the bikes ability Still trying to train those muscle memories dealing with controls and staying focused on where I'm going But I'm getting better everytime I go out!

Ride safe everyone!

Comment

Good deal. Never get in a rush. Ur doin good.

Comment

Originally posted by DocCannabis View Post
                            I have several friends who ride and ready to do some rides, but I don't feel quite ready and confident enough to ride in a group yet, except for my first 2 rides its been off on my own at my own pace tinkering with mine and the bikes ability Ride safe everyone!
                            Sounds like you're doing good; riding at YOUR pace.
                            Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
                              Sounds like you're doing good; riding at YOUR pace.
                              Thanks

So far I do admit that I'm enjoying the time riding by myself, I can choose MY own pace, stop whenever I want without annoying anyone... On the country back roads with absolutely no one around I can practice my maximum braking abilities and evasions. Its just me and the bike, getting to know each other

Comment

Working...
                              X