X

Allow myself to introduce errrrr...myself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to introduce errrrr...myself

What up all those in KR land. Just recently joined and I must say, I really like the place. I was on KP before the crash and I never really came back until a week or so a go. Realized that no one was there anymore and found this place by dumb luck. Decided to check it out, and I must say, very nice sight you folks got here.

Anyway, a little about myself and my bike. Im 24, born and raised here in the heartland. Never owned a motorcycle before I bought my 94 600. I bought it cause I figured it would make a great bike to learn on. Not to big, not to strong, but a motorcycle none the less. Problem is, I bought the thing back in July and Ive only ridden her for about 40 mins before the thing crapped out on me, the carbs needed to be rebuilt and 2nd gear was completely shot. So I went out, bought myself a haynes manual for the kat and started to tear her down. As she sits, the motor is pulled from the frame, both wheels have been taken off for a repaint, and all fairings are sanded down getting ready for paint (a very helpful article from sweetlou) I bought a new motor for it cause I found it would be cheaper to do that than have someone charge me $600-1000 to repair it, and I figure it would be nice to have spare parts laying around, just in case. Needless to say Ill be hanging around this site, espceially in mechanics 101.

Thats about it for now, thanks for stopping by, drop me a note sometime.

Welcome to KRland! Nice to see you are restoring it...it'll make you love it even more.
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

The "Heartland" , eh ? Approximate location ? If it was anywhere near me I'd offer a hand . Yup , there's plenty of cool people here . Special K's pretty cool if you find yourself needing parts !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Welcome!

My first was a 94 600 too. Real POS when I bought it but it was enough to get me rolling and begin my passion and the rest is history.

Glad you like the site! We've been working hard on it for a couple of months now and it seems to really be growing strong. Lot's of good helpful people here (a few jokers too) and tons of information at your fingertips.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          The "Heartland" , eh ? Approximate location ? If it was anywhere near me I'd offer a hand . Yup , there's plenty of cool people here . Special K's pretty cool if you find yourself needing parts !
          NW corner of Missouri, so Id say thats qutie a distance from ya, but thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Welcome to KR, glad you found us.
            You will find more knowledge here on Kats, you should have your baby up and running in no time

Comment

Welcome to KR. Post some pics of your bike so we can see how you're progressing.
              Slipery When Wet

Comment

welcome to KR, we're glad to have you !!..yeah, definately put up some pics so we can follow ur progress. 8)

just to keep everything real.. , im gonna stick this in the introductions forum.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck with your restore. Post some pics when you you get her all done. 8)

Comment

Welcome
                    Bike is sold

Comment

Got the motor in the frame today, man was that a f-ing task, took me all day but eventually got ir dun. Wish I had a digi cam to show everyone how its coming along, unfortunately I dont. Maybe I can borrow my friends and take a couple of quick snaps.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Comment

Gald to hear that you got the motor in. You will like wrenching on the bike. It is pretty easy as you have found out. Welcome to KR by the way. Enjoy the Ride.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

tunakan:

If you need any help. tips, or parts, PM me or e-mail me. I've still got tons of Katana only stuff here......like rebuilt carbs!

PICS!!!!
                            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

Dont worry special K, youll be the first one I go to, Ive already bought a front fender from ya

Comment

Working...
                              X