No announcement yet.
X

New to this forum, not new to Katanas!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this forum, not new to Katanas!

Hey everyone, just wanted to make the usual introduction.

My name is Chris and I am originally from Kansas City, Missouri. Right now I am stationed out of Shreveport, LA with the Air Force. At this exact moment I'm deployed overseas in support of ground troops in the "sandbox."

I bought my 1993 Katana 750 back in 98' with 14,700 miles. It was completely in pieces. I got a rolling frame with the motor removed. All pieces were included though. The reason it was disassembled was because the 2nd owner ended up starving the cams for oil and subsequently the cams tore off the chrome face on three rocker arms. The engine developed a nice loud tick. Oil starvation I think was caused by him continuously pulling wheelies. In any case, $1800 and the bike was mine. $500 in parts later, I was riding my first real motorcycle. That initial $2300 investment (not including all that I've spent on tires, oil changes, brakes,etc) has now given me more than 32,000 great miles. I've got about 46,000 miles on it now and I'm planning on pushing it to at least 50k.

I'm going to be getting a new bike soon, after 8 years of waiting and saving it's about time. I figure I'm ready to progress, the new bike is a new GSXR1000, but my biggest problem is that I don't want to part with the Kat. It's been waaay to reliable.

Besides, I always love showing people that you don't need the latest and greatist ride to cut corners. Dunlop 205's rock and I've got the scraped pegs to prove it.

That's the short version. If any of you are passing through, be sure to shoot me and E-Mail and I'll give you a tour of the base. -Chris
    "My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the a**holes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell." - Lester Burnham

Welcome to KatRiders Chris..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hi there, and welcome to Katriders Chris!!!
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to Katriders!! Pass on the gixxer pour the money into the kat.
        One project done, now on to the next few!!
        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Welcome from one Southern Rider to Another!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

welcome to KR!
            West of Germany
            greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome!! Nice avatar.. 2 please yesthankyou!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chris!
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Welcome Chris..and on behalf of myself and KR, thanks for kicking azz to keep us safe at home !

Comment

Welcome to KR Chris.
                    Keith Paton
                    Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                    13 GSXR750

Comment

Welcome and get home safe. There are plenty that are very proud of you guys over there.

Comment

make your self at home.....

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Your Avatar is obscene.....please post the link!

Comment

Working...
                          X