X

what is this???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this???

wen i was cleaning off a corroded cylinoid i noticed this tucked away below the battery the is an 3 red wires running into it and one of the is unplugged but still covered

on the same note my left turn signals dont flash they only stay solid could this b the flasher? and could the unplugged wire b for the left side?
    Attached Files

It's a doo-dad under a rubber cover.
    It is about the right shape and size to be a flasher relay.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      It's a doo-dad under a rubber cover.
      You're a sick puppy Bill.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Looks like the main circuit braker....

As for the flasher... if the right works, and the left does not, check the bulbs... if they are ok, it may be in the wiring. Usually a bad flasher will not blink both sides, not one or the other....
        Last edited by Nut-Nut; 06-04-2012, 08:48 AM.
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

yes u may be turned away by my grammar im 21 and in the generation of smart phones and texting its taking over everywhere

a doo dad o.0
          so what u helped me last night and u can f%$# with me today...

but right on i am goin to see if i can find the other wire that should be plugged into it

and the bulbs are fine back left wont light up or flash because the light fixture itself isnt pushing power i am getting new mirrors with signals in them this week ill move front signals to the back

Comment

Let me save you a little trouble. That part pictured is your circuit breaker. It will have 3 red wires total. The 2 wires connected are your power in and out of the breaker. The other line does NOT hook up to anything. Its just a simple test port for testing the breaker.

As for the blinker issue, have you installed any LED lights?

Comment

thank u for the proper response no they are not led but the ones in the rear are flush mount. wen i get my new mirrors ill be moving the fronts to the back and hopefully i can solve this issue by checking ll the wires as i do the swap
              Last edited by ZukiFred; 06-05-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Perhaps instead of defending your intelligence and giving a lecture on how grammar is nothing but convention, you could get a picture that was slightly less blurry.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Oddy Turner
                  Guess I lied about the last post being my last post on this thread. If that is directed toward me, I never said anything about being intelligent. Grammar is obviously anything but conventional, especially online. As per your request, I will work on getting a picture that "is" slightly less blurry if it bothers you so much that the lights put an afterglow in the pic. Aren't you glad I can do multiple things at once?

:hugz
                  You are wrongly assuming that I even looked at what you posted. I'm referring to the OP.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Camera is on my smart phone its only 2 mp. Wow people love to criticize, i ask a couple questions in a hurry, dont spell or use proper syntax and everyone gotta jump ship wit there 2 cents.

For those that helped thank you.

For everyone one else really o.0 I was just looking for some advice, and typed it up in a hurry.

Comment

The quality of your answer is directly related to the quality of the question.
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thortonhigh View Post
                        Camera is on my smart phone its only 2 mp. Wow people love to criticize, i ask a couple questions in a hurry, dont spell or use proper syntax and everyone gotta jump ship wit there 2 cents.

For those that helped thank you.

For everyone one else really o.0 I was just looking for some advice, and typed it up in a hurry.

Just a general FYI... I didn't post anything at all earlier because honesly, the original post made my head hurt and I just closed it out. I then mentally checked off this tread off as "do not open".

I don't care how you post. But, if I can't understand it... I'm probably just not going to respond. There have been a few of those recently.

Jus sayn...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Im just saying i am here for help on issues that i cannot fix or find the answer to myself.

Anyways the bike starts like a dream now and i have not had any future issues so far. That is all that matters to me.

Someone mentioned its not good that my battery is spitting acid. Does anyone have any good suggestions to clean up the mess it has made other than brake parts cleaner and a little elbow grease?

Comment

baking soda and water.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

right on thanks ill give it a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X