92 GSX600F wide tire conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 GSX600F wide tire conversion

Is this possible and if it is please tell me how

A) Yes - with a lot of stuffing around depending how wide is wide.
    B) Why?
    C) Try searching

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Yes, it's possible.

You have a 3.5" rim with what should be a max size 150 tire on it. You could do a post kat 4.5" rim with a 160 fairly easily with little work, a 170 on the 4.5 with quite a bit more work, a 5.5" rim with a 180 tire after a serious swingarm modification, a 6" rim with serious mods to the swingarms + sprockets + chain set up. Anything wider than that can be done with serious swingarm mods, subframe mods, and lots of custom made parts.

I would guess your looking at around the following in costs in paying someone to do the mods and you buy the parts for the setup options...

$200 aprox for the 4.5" 160 size tire
      $300 apox for the 4.5" 170 size tire
      $600-700 aprox for the 5.5" 180 tire
      $800-1000 aprox for the 6" 200 tire
      $2000 -4000+ aprox for anything wider than 6" rim or a 200 tire.

Costs could vary greatly depending on how much modifcations and work your able to do for yourself. Welding, custom part fabrication, machining, painting, etc... all skills that are needed for the serious mods on larger tires.

An example of one way I did it is linked in my signature... part of my build. I'm curently using a 5.5" rim on a pre Kat 750.

Krey
      Last edited by Kreylyn; 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM.
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X