No announcement yet.
X

New owner- 93 750 gsxf basketcase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, sorry, it's been a few days since I posted any updates.. I was really busy RIDING!!! I've gone through three tanks of gas and am getting a little over 175 miles a tank I'd say... being my first bike in nine years since I owned 89 ninja 600R in highschool.. it was great to be back on two wheels. I havent been on a bike in a while but I do live in vermont where snowmobiles are the norm in winter.. so of corse I own one. where I'm going with this is my astonishment between the similarity between my 93 750 Gsxf and my 96 skidoo formula 500. The way the engines rev up and the power of the katana reminds me of being on my sled.. on the other hand, where I can throw my sled around and am VERY confident and fast on the snow.. I am NOT as skilled on a bike. Hopefully it'll come with practice.. I also have some new found respect for bike riders, racers and even stunt riders... I used to see dudes show off and pull wheelies/ endos and in my mind I thought.."idiots" After riding a few days, if I were to see anyone pull that ish now.. I'd be impressed.. still think they are idiots.. but impressive ones at that. Another skill that wows me is the perfect balance when braking between front and rear. Not that it's hard to get, but as far as racing goes.. those dudes must be walking a fine line when approaching every corner to not overbrake and lose it... I also say this because when I was testing how much I can apply my rear brake today I found that it would lock up real eazy... def keeps me from over braking the rear in corners. So hows the bike ride? tons of fun! But with cons... it's a little shaky, vibrations up the wazoo in higher rpms, fork seals are non existant and front rattles a bit over large bumps, and finally, when I lean into a corner semi hard, it feels like I'm getting speed wobbles. So I'd say that it's somewhat dangerous and semi scary.. but fun as long as you dont race it. If I were a beginner for life and drove this bike slowly.. these problems wouldnt bother me.. but eventually I'm not going to want to drive slowly anymore.. so I'm going to have to sort it out. I'm thinking
    -Order new tires. probably the set of conti motions on ebay.
    -Check wheel bearings when tires are being changed
    -Check headset bearings at the same time
    -New fork seals and oil
    -Vibrations, running lean? I DO NOT want to take the carbs off again but I may have to eventually

Sound like I'm on the right track to getting this bike in order?

Thanks for the help concern guys!

and for that acid dip suggestion.. I thought about using lye to dip the parts in.. then rinse with vinegar to neutralize it..

aaaaand whats the first rule of fightclub?

Ha!

-When reading the acid suggestions, that scene kept popping into my mind, so I couldnt resist

Comment

Working...
    X