No announcement yet.
X

New kat rider, already went down!? Pics included, graphic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get well soon bro, I hope you aren't in too much pain.
    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

So again, just checking up. Got the go-ahead to put slight pressure on my leg now, 4 months later hah. By telling me I could put some pressure on it, i'm sure my doctor meant i should work on the kat a little so I did just that. After taking a few good hard looks at her, i think there's no other alternative but to part this baby out. I'm not too knowledgeable with bikes or mechanic type stuff, but I went ahead and just tried to break everything down as much as possible. If anyone needs anything, message me and let's work something out.

Aside from the nice big scars, constant pain, inability to walk, overwhelming depression... I'm pretty solid. My uncle and my friends dad both broke their tibia/fibula so at least I don't feel too alone though. I keep trying to replay the crash in my head to figure out what went wrong, but it all just happened too fast for me to know for sure. I just remember speeding up (probably too much), seeing dirt in front of me, then my bike was on it's side before I could even do anything. I keep getting a lot of **** from my friends about missing the bike season, and getting laughed at for only having the bike for a month before crashing it although none of my friends/family/co-workers were surprised.

I really hope at least 1 person decided to think twice before doing something stupid after reading my thread. I can't even begin to explain how lame it is to sit at home and hear motorcycles fly by all day while your eyes glance from your broken bike, to your broken leg. And to think i'm a VERY LUCKY GUY. I'm lucky to still have this leg, not to mention my life. For some reason, I got a second chance with a cherry on top. I'm taking this opportunity to hopefully prevent some other idiot like myself from doing what I did. Yes the kat is "slow" compared to other 600's, but it's every bit as dangerous if not more.

I'm not sure if this will work, but here's my FB with all the crash pictures if anyones interested. It should be public and open to view.

Attached Files

Comment

Only 4 months and Doc is letting you put pressure on it, that is good, It was about 6 months with mine.
        Keep up the good healing.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

It's been quite some time since I replied to your first post...... and I'm glad you're on the healin' road. Heal mentally first, and the rest will fall into place. Hang in there until you can hang off a bike again if you choose to. Heal up. That's all that really matters.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
            Only 4 months and Doc is letting you put pressure on it, that is good, It was about 6 months with mine.
            Keep up the good healing.
            Wow, everytime I feel like its healing slow I get reminded by people who had similar or worse that I'm actually healing great. Glad to hear you recovered though, that's all that matters in the end :P.

And slofuze, its gunna take more than a lil boo-boo to keep me off two wheels muahaha

Comment

wow!

hope you get better soon, our prayers are with ya!

Comment

... ouch.. thanks for the tips . speedy recovery

Comment

Working...
                X