X

hello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

My name is Mike and I just joined, I like this board a lot it makes those winter days go by much faster when you can talk to some fellow riders. Used to spend all my time on KP but I dont know what happened there, the crash and all, but I like this site way more. see you guys in the forms

Welcome Blaster. Where you from, what do you ride? Many of us here are from the pre crashing KP. I find this much more comfy though. Just my 2 cents. Grab a brew, have a seat, and share the wealth of knowledge... just don't ever take any of my adivce.... I just pretend to know it all.....
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to Katana Riders.
      Bike is sold

Comment

hello Mike...tell us a little about yourself...like where you live...what you ride...you know, usual stuff

Comment

Glad you found us....Welcome to KR
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Hi, nice to meet ya. Tons of cool people in here, stick around.
            "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
            -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
            -DMX

Comment

Welcome and enjoy yourself, there are plenty of great people here that are full of information and other thing's<ha ha>
              Thom
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

great to have you... this is indeed the place where everybody knows your name

Comment

Hi Blaster, welcome to KR!!
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, i ride a 2001 kat 600 blue. I am from Brantford Ontario. I want to upgrade next season but dont know what to get. I always wanted a gsxr 600 but after sitting on one Im not so sure anymore. I think I will go with a sport touring again but with some more power. the insurance sittuation is still very important to me because they want way to much for a gsxr for some reason so I really like the kat but its a little to slow of the line, You guys have any suggestions?

Comment

Welcome to KR blaster. Another Canadian. Pretty soon this will be CanadianKatRiders.com Glad to have you on board.

As for upgrading, the advantage of a Kat off the line is it doesn't have the tendency to lift the front wheel even when you take off quickly, giving you an advantage there. After that, the GSXR or other supersport bike will outrun it for sure. I guess it all depends what you want your bike to be able to do for you. Or better yet, what you can do on a bike. I can't comment much more on that being that I'm still a fairly new rider. I'll let others put in their 2 cents. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome to our world. You should consider a few upgrades for quick off the line stuff if you want to save some money and keep the bike you like.
                        Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

we can make your Kat VERY quick off the line

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                            we can make your Kat VERY quick off the line
                            that we can and it will lift of the ground when ya do it too........
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I read many posts about making the Kat faster but it comes at a dissadvantage, like worst gas milage plus you lose top end speed and it revs higher. what do u guys think of the sv1000 or the honda vfr 800? anyone went for a ride on one of them? are they good for longer rides? because thats what I want a bike for not those short rides people I know go for when they own a supersport, they just cant take the long huls that me and a friend like to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X