X

Hi all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Hey Guys and Girls. I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I recently got my license and a friend gave me his 2001 Katana 600. It's a beautiful bike to me. I often find myself dreaming about the sound and smell of the exhaust!(Sorry, i'm new to riding) Anyway, I did manage to drop it once already trying to do a u-turn. Unfortunately since then, I find myself power-walking through any tight, slow u-turns. Anyway, I can't belive I found a forum for Kats. Unfortunately, it's getting cold here so it will probably be going to sleep for a few months. Well, I look forward to hopefully getting alot of help from everyone here. I'm glad I found this site!

thats a nice looking bike...Yosh exhaust...sweet!

Comment

"Gave" you a bike ? Damn , is this becoming a trend here ? When's it gonna be MY turn to get a new bike ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

^ i'll give you my bike if you give me your money
        Falling off dosent make you a bad rider... Staying on dosent make you a good rider... Loving every second you are around your bike makes you a REAL Rider!!!

Comment

Welcome to the site. To help prevent damaged fairings form small drops (which we will do at one point in our lives), we suggest getting frame sliders, they help a lot, specially when you do a custom paint job on the bike, and one scratch means you have to repaint the whole peice!!!!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to Katana Riders.
            Bike is sold

Comment

Welcome to KR
              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Nice to meet ya.
                "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                -DMX

Comment

welcome to katriders...dont worry, we can help you pass the time during the winter months when your kat is hibernating.

Comment

Welcome to the site!! Nice bike, use frame sliders to keep it looking nice. Be sure to check out the forum on Winterizing. I personally have found KR to be real informative for newbie's and oldie's!<ha ha>
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by HndaEtr
                      ^ i'll give you my bike if you give me your money
                      Oh yeah , I forgot , somebody DID give me a bike . 2 of them , actually . A guy at work gave me a '74 CB360 (in TERRIBLE shape , had been sitting in a field or something) , then my dad gave me his old '74 CB360 , non-runner (seized engine , I think) . Just went and worked on them this morning a bit . MAY have one of them operational eventually . One is the parts bike , just not really sure which one yet , as they're BOTH nearly garbage .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Re: Hi all

Originally posted by yayo4ya
                        Hey Guys and Girls. I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I recently got my license and a friend gave me his 2001 Katana 600. It's a beautiful bike to me. I often find myself dreaming about the sound and smell of the exhaust!(Sorry, i'm new to riding) Anyway, I did manage to drop it once already trying to do a u-turn. Unfortunately since then, I find myself power-walking through any tight, slow u-turns. Anyway, I can't belive I found a forum for Kats. Unfortunately, it's getting cold here so it will probably be going to sleep for a few months. Well, I look forward to hopefully getting alot of help from everyone here. I'm glad I found this site!
                        Welcome to KR! Man, we should all have friends like yours!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome yayo4ya!!
                          Nice friend, what did you do in return!!?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. Sorry I haven't replied. I sort of got layed off. Well, more like relocated. The IT world is crazy. Anyway, I didn't do anything in return. I just promised a lietime of free computer repair. I don't think he realy wanted it anyway. He makes a ton of money and it was more of a"My friends have bikes, so i'll get one too" Anyway, its all mine. I think the only problem Ihave with it is the smal, TIGHT turns. It is my first bike so I was expecting to just stay in a parking lot for my for upcoming season. I would like to take it out further but that little drop has me slightly apprehensive. Its strange taking the MSF course on Kawasaki 100's. I could "manhandle" them, and i'm a short guy. The extra 400lbs can be a bit much when going slow.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Yeah tight turns can get anyone. There are some other people on here in the NY area. Just remeber practice makes perfect. Get ahold of any reading or video material you can on riding. This will help you out alot. Also get with other riders. One last thing GET A SEAT COWL for that thing. Enjoy the Ride
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X