New 1988 Kat Rider:)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1988 Kat Rider:)

Hey guys,

My name is Dan and I just bought my very first bike which is a 1988 Katana 600 I am very excited to learn how to ride it and will be taking the MSF course soon! I bought the bike for 1k and it seems to be in great condition from what an untrained eye such as mine can tell me...The only problem with the bike is that the seat is coming apart a bit but not the end of the world, I was wondering if anyone knew of or had an '88 front section of the seat that was in blue. I would love to have a better seat or even if anyone knew where I could look for a custom seat that wasn't terribly expensive. I'm a student and on a budget but I really want to start my life with motorcycles Thanks everyone and I look forward to finding out about this bike from some of you out there.

Also, I like to tinker, so if anyone knows any cool mods for the 88 I would appreciate that help too, I know it has a fancy exhaust on it, but other than that, the bike is stock. maybe getting lights under the bike or something cool like that is possible? well, I'll finish this up and I look forward to hearing from you guys

welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to KR! I can't help you with the seat, but if you want to "add lights under the bike" you can find some inexpensive LED kits on ebay. Just make sure to check your local laws. It is illegal in some states or some colors may be illegal.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR.

You can go and buy your own vinyl then recover the seat yourself.

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome!
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to KR ~!~

For a cheap led kit. see my thread here LED Thread
                    FunEMT
                    2000 Katana 600

Comment

Hey!!!Welcome desde Puerto Rico

Comment

so far this forum looks like it's going to be very helpful with what I will want to know about my new (to me) bike

Comment

Working...
                        X