X

Great bike the Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great bike the Katana

Hi everyone, I have just found this site and am thrilled to read every and all post i can
    I have a 2001 kat 750.
    My first bike and love that bike.
    I bought it in May of this year (04) and had no maintenance info on it so, I have adjusted the valves myself. Took awhile to make sure they are right and synced the carbs. Very easy to do. My cousin and I went halfers on the tool and just takes patients. I have done my cousins(he's to chicken to try it alone), my wifes(Ninja 600R( and my friends '90 kat 600)).
    also changed the oit, plugs and changed the turn and tail lights from factory to the clear lenses and crome bulbs. ANd Waiting for my order to come for my illumiglo gauges.
    I wanted to post a picture of it but haven't found where I can yet. Still looking though.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy anything for the Kat. I haven't read any other forum yet, so if there is a place to find this. sorry
    Just thought I would say who i was before going on.

Any ways great to meet you and look forward to learning from you all.

Welcome. You can post images through a site like Image Shack, and then just copy the link from there to here. Sounds like you are having fun taking apart the bikes and learning. Keep it up, and just remember, there is a ton of info here, and all the help you need!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

welcome to KR, you'll find lots of good stuff here.

Comment

Hi Runsft, welcome to KR!! Hope your wife will join us too, we're a multi bike model family here!
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KR!!

Whatever you are looking for just ask, someone will be able to find it for you or give you an idea of where to look
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

you read every post?

Welcome...sounds like you can CONTRIBUTE quite a bit of info too...your WAY past my skills of things to do on a Kat

Comment

yes but your level of things to do on a Kat ends at crashing........
              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR

#1 advise to newbies, ignore range

Comment

Welcome to KR. There's lots of guys here with info for what ever you need.
                  Bike is sold

Comment

Welcome!

Glad you found us!
                    If you would like to upload a picture of your bike you can do that in your profile. Each member has a "Ride Profile" where you can put in a picture and some details about your bike and what you have done to it. Just click on "Profile" at the top of the screen and then scroll down to enter the information and upload your pic.

Thanks for joining us! Hope to see ya around the board!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Gald you came in and said hi. This is a great place as you might have seen already. Something else you can do to your kat is by a solo seat cowl for from braada concepts. go to www.braada.com The guy that makes them is part owner of this site. Let me tell you the cowls are an awesome addition to the look of the bike. Once again welcome and Enjoy the Ride.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

HI, You will enjoy this place, lots of cool people.
                        "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                        -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                        -DMX

Comment

WOW

Wow, thanks for the welcome. That is a great welcome. I will help in any way I can. And if I don't know how and I'm asked how, I will take my own bike apart and learn how and relay it on. I'm by no means a expert and never will say that but I love to tinker.
                          Thanks for the info on the cowl seat too. But when we going on trips, my wife rides with me. She just got her license in June and isn't 100% relaxed on it yet. I prefer her to be with me right now for alot longer.

Anyways thanks everyone and happy chatting.

Comment

Nice to see another Katana Man 8)
                            RIDING GIVES ME THE EXPERIENCE OF FEELING FREE !!!!!

Comment

Here is my bike.

If anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X