Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New rider from DMV area - GSX750F (also in need of help :P)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rider from DMV area - GSX750F (also in need of help :P)

Hey all, I'm a brand new rider as of this spring and my first bike is a '00 gsx750f black with a seat cover on the back seat, dubbed Black Magic, I must say when I rode it, it rides better then my coupe... which kind of makes me sad that I'm currently waiting on parts already :P

I would like some pointers though if anyone would be willing to help- My gauges when i turn the bike on are off (speedo at 15mph and tach at 1.5-ish, and fuel gauge doesnt read properly after half the tank goes)
    The previous owner lowered the bike and took the center stand off, wondering how to get it back to stock and what bolts and hardware i need to reattach the center stand.
    And finally.... any kat riders in the DMV area :P?

-chris

Also here are some pics

and i stand corrected, the tach is at .5

also anyone know where i might possibly be able to get the newer tail fairing :P?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nexaddo187 View Post
      Hey all, I'm a brand new rider as of this spring and my first bike is a '00 gsx750f black with a seat cover on the back seat, dubbed Black Magic, I must say when I rode it, it rides better then my coupe... which kind of makes me sad that I'm currently waiting on parts already :P

I would like some pointers though if anyone would be willing to help- My gauges when i turn the bike on are off (speedo at 15mph and tach at 1.5-ish, and fuel gauge doesnt read properly after half the tank goes)
      The previous owner lowered the bike and took the center stand off, wondering how to get it back to stock and what bolts and hardware i need to reattach the center stand.
      And finally.... any kat riders in the DMV area :P?

-chris
      Not sure what's up with the guages, but that would be an electrical issue... possibly with the wiring or connections to/ or even the CDI it's self. I do know that you should check the CDI and make sure it's not cracked/broken for the case, as that is definately a possible issue.

Or it could be an issue with someone having swapped the guage face plates and they are not right.

As for the center stand, check an online parts supplier for katana and look up the parts micro fiche. It will list every itme you need and where they go.

Bikebandit.com or ronayers.com are two good sites for this.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
          X