Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

I've been riding my 2000 maroon 750f for a month now and finally found this great site. I bought it with 2200 miles on it for $2600. It has a few very minor chips in the paint and the right rear fairing has 2 small scratches from falling when someone else was looking at buying it. It is also missing the lower cowl fairings. It's been impossible to find them on the net so far. The previous owner also changed the ignition and lost the keys to the seat and helmet lock. So I need to find a key or something.

Not sure but I think I got a great deal for it being a 750. My brother just bought a 2003 yellow 600 with 216 miles on it for $3800 on ebay and had to drive to Minnesota to pick it up. After riding his I'm very happy I found a 750.

I'll have pictures as soon as I have time to figure out how to post them.

Well , you can remove the cable from the lock under the seat , and just leave it hanging , so all's you gotta do is reach in there and pull it to release the seat . Pretty ghetto , but it works . The helmet lock is just a hook under the seat , so once you get the seat off , you stick the d-ring on the hood and put the seat back on . And the lower fairings ... well , you must not've been looking in the right place . E-bay's usually FILTHY with 'em . And some of our parts-people usually have a couple on hand .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
      What part of the world are you from?
      Gota love those Maroon 750's!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome!

What part of MN did you come to to get it, and where you from? Sounds a bit pricy though for what it was missing.

You can Email Special K (Keith) about a new lower fairing, I am sure he has some laying around.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

We're from Dayton, OH. My brother had to go to St. Paul, MN for his bike. My bike was local. I called a locksmith to have it rekeyed they said it would only be $75. The fairings that are missing are the very bottom scoop fairings, can't really tell they're gone unless it's sitting next to another Kat. I've found a place for brand new ones about $110 each side.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders

I go to school in Dayton, OH (University of Dayton) and will be coming up Aug. 18th. Unfortunately there is no way to bring my Kat with me...it has to stay in Texas. I might have to come and check out your ride sometime though....you know get my Kat fix?
            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Originally posted by grslightn
              We're from Dayton, OH. My brother had to go to St. Paul, MN for his bike. My bike was local. I called a locksmith to have it rekeyed they said it would only be $75. The fairings that are missing are the very bottom scoop fairings, can't really tell they're gone unless it's sitting next to another Kat. I've found a place for brand new ones about $110 each side.
              I am thinking you may be able to get the whole deal for about that price used through Special K. I could be a bit off on price, but not that much I don't think.... (The lower fairings I meen)
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome!
                  ~ Lisa
                  2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                  2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

Hello,,hello.

I see those parts on ebay all the time..

Buc
                      it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Welcome to KR man, how do you start your bike if you have no key?
                        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Welcome to KR. Always glad to have more Ohioan's around here.
                          Keith Paton
                          Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                          13 GSXR750

Comment

Originally posted by Tito750
                            Welcome to KR man, how do you start your bike if you have no key?
                            I've got the key with the new ignition. The previous owner took out the lock in the gas cap so you can use the key like a screw driver and turn the cap lock open. Pretty ghetto. The seat lock is there but the inside latch is unboted so it won't lock down.

Probably not the safest but the seat doesn't move when I'm sitting on it.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X