X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMFG!!!! I just logged in for the first time in 4 days and this is what I see. Just surreal.

RIP Marc. I'm glad I made it to the Rally and met you. Ride on brother, ride on...
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

• Tom, hope you don't mind, but I passed along the banner to Dave at US129photos. He offered to memorialize Marc on his site as well. I paraphrased some of the things said here and added a couple of things myself about Marc as well for him to put on the page.

If there is any issue, let me know and I can stop him from posting it.

I am working on getting Darryl (killboy) to follow suit.

Deal's Gap wasn't his favorite place, I don't think, but this area seemed to be something he looked forward to each year.

Comment

• I have been overwhelmed. Like many members here, I didnt have the honor of knowing CP personally. Although I felt as though I knew him here. He was such an amazing person. He was a great help to me and many others.

I cannot express how bad I feel for those that truely knew him and his family. My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Mark. You will be missed.

Comment

• And lest I forget...A BIG THANK YOU to KatRiders.com's owners and operators for providing the avenue which allowed me to aquaint CP!!!
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

• RIP Cyberpoet

Wow...... I'm not sure why his sudden death has affected me so much since I never met him or knew him personally (other than advise he's given to me or articles he'd written that I read), and yet I still feel like some connection was lost. I can't imagine what his friends/family must feel. Rest in peace Marc. And Bless you and your family.
            The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
            -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

• Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
              Tom, hope you don't mind, but I passed along the banner to Dave at US129photos. He offered to memorialize Marc on his site as well. I paraphrased some of the things said here and added a couple of things myself about Marc as well for him to put on the page.

If there is any issue, let me know and I can stop him from posting it.

I am working on getting Darryl (killboy) to follow suit.

Deal's Gap wasn't his favorite place, I don't think, but this area seemed to be something he looked forward to each year.

I have no problems, whatsoever.

(Just do a "right-click" thingy and save to your computer.)

It was my pleasure and consider it an honor to a friend.

Like I said before:
              Please don't take this the wrong way, but all things considered,
              I really would rather not have to create another one of these for a long, long, time.

Ride safe everyone.
              sigpic

Comment

• tdr...awesome tribute to a friend you made along the way and a man I never met...
                It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

• I have been a member on this site since purchasing my 02 Kat back in December. I have never really been a real active member on the site but check it out almost daily. All I can say is how unfortunate this is.

I think one of the reasons I am never to active on posting is because anytime I have a question/problem I can search and the answer is already there, and when others have questions when I think I could be of some help their question is already answered. What I am getting at is that 90% of the time those answers for me have come from CP.

I never had the honor of meeting or talking to him but from all his posts and help I am forever grateful, I think there is no doubt in any ones mind that CP was a genuinely great person!

The unfortunate thing is that it must be true what they say....the good really do die young.

R.I.P.

Comment

• I can't STOP CRYING.... NOOOOOOOOOOO.... God is with you Marc...
                    Thank You for everything that you brought to my life... Including advice that saved my life... R.I.P.
                    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

• Wow. I don't even know how to react to this. I haven't been on here for long, but his posts have pointed me in the right direction numerous times. Like many here, I never got the chance to meet him in person, but have learned much from him.

RIP Marc. We know you will be watching over all riders. Pegs down.
                      My condolences to his family, friends and gf.
                      93 Kat 600: Project in the works
                      96 Grand Cherokee: 288k miles and counting

Originally posted by Nero
                      today the cars are on suicide runs, tomorrow your iPhone will explode and blow your head off.

Comment

• RIP - CP...

Thanks for the help you gave me and others on this site.

May your spirit live on in the knowledge and wisdom that you have passed on to all of us.

Comment

• You know ,I haven't logged on to the site in sometime and it is very unfortunate to here of someone as nice as Marc passing. I never got to meet him personally but he was always very helpful when you had a question or like in my case new to riding and and needed all the advice you could get to be safe. RIP Marc you will be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                            Hey everyone.. I would like to suggest something and hopefully it can get picked up by the mods, admin, and everyone else. Maybe instead of sending flowers, we can do a sale that would benefit his family and loved ones. Maybe we can sell a t-shirt which features the above banner (with permission from Tom) and the two poems recently posted ( the Robert Frost poem that was part of his avatar and the poem Nero posted from Marc's site) on the front or back or both.
                            I think that would be a fitting tribute for a person who seemed to have touched a lot of people. We can probably sell off two versions of this, one for now that everyone who is doing the local tribute ride thing can wear and another version that we could respectfully wear for the upcoming rally that he frequented.
                            Majority of the proceeds would go to his family and loved ones. I'm putting it out there and hopefully it gets picked up by others.
                            Maybe we can do this...just a thought.

Feedback?
                            well Steve has already addressed this......and probably is still in the "what to do stage", but I suggest we wait and hear if a monetary donation is even necessary. Marc may have very well covered all that...you know, made sure Paula was not left with any financial burden. After all, part of his advice to all was carry adequate life insurance.

if so....well, maybe the poems, maybe a plaque....and maybe a nice framed photo montage of all the photos posted, would be about the best gesture we could do. more often than not, this can be more valuable than money.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

• Damn, so sorry to hear this. Had a few dealings with him and he was always helpful. Prayers out to all he left.......RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by nickg6056 View Post
                                I have been a member on this site since purchasing my 02 Kat back in December. I have never really been a real active member on the site but check it out almost daily. All I can say is how unfortunate this is.

I think one of the reasons I am never to active on posting is because anytime I have a question/problem I can search and the answer is already there, and when others have questions when I think I could be of some help their question is already answered. What I am getting at is that 90% of the time those answers for me have come from CP.

I never had the honor of meeting or talking to him but from all his posts and help I am forever grateful, I think there is no doubt in any ones mind that CP was a genuinely great person!

The unfortunate thing is that it must be true what they say....the good really do die young.

R.I.P.
                                I know exactly what you mean. I've been a member here since 2005 and average about 1 post per year... Why? Because of the wealth of information already provided by Cyberpoet and others. I have learned so much from Marc alone, yet had never interacted with him directly. Tragic loss - RIP Marc
                                OldYella
                                2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103012
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X