X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to distract from this thread but I just went through the last 27 pages. If you take the time to do so, you'll find an amazing amount of accolades for Marc. What I also saw was that, though we have our differences, we come together in a time like this.

There is simply no other website that I've ever seen that exhibits this kind of family atmosphere. It is quite extraordinary, really. In this sense, Marc's loss was much like that of a sibling. I suppose this is why it all seems so surreal. I too had to go back to the webpage this morning to verify that this was real.

When I first read the news yesterday, I choked up. Strange. I'd only met Marc once in-person, and that wasn't wholly positive, and yet, I felt a great sense-of-loss. I was heavy-at-heart all day yesterday. To read the replies, it seems that I'm not alone in that feeling.

I think Marc would have been tremendously humbled by this thread of admiration. I can only hope he knew how indispensable he was.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• Wow I don't know what to say... I was on the phone with my buddy when I saw this and I was suddenly rendered speechless... I feel like someone punched me in the stomach and I never even met him in person. This is terrible news obviously, I give my condolences to all his other friends here, as well as his family. His insight and help were invaluable here on KR, and I'm afraid no one will ever be able to fill the void left behind by this man. I don't know what else to say...
      Originally posted by katanawarrior
      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• I think it is safe to say he literally knew thousands of people, if not in person at least conversed with on this site and others. They say you can measure the impact a man made in life by the attendence at his funeral, I can guarantee if it was close enough for everyone that knew him to go personally, they would have to rent a stadium.........
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

• Posted over on ducatimonsterforums.org...

RIP Marc! You will be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
            I think it is safe to say he literally knew thousands of people, if not in person at least conversed with on this site and others. They say you can measure the impact a man made in life by the attendence at his funeral, I can guarantee if it was close enough for everyone that knew him to go personally, they would have to rent a stadium.........
            I have been thinking about that as well. It bugs me that I can't attend the funeral, and also wish it was possible that we all could attend.

maybe we can have a "service" on here? it would be a "first". you know...some form of tribute. Everyone logs on at a specific time, and i don't know what after that. maybe Paula could speak on his behalf in the shoutbox or something. think the KR server could handle the bandwidth?

but hey....don't mind me. you know me...dreamer with grand ideas. but it would be cool though, wouldn't it?
            Last edited by Mojoe; 09-22-2009, 01:27 PM.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

• I also wish I could attend, but will have to settle with a local memorial ride.

In the few debate threads that we have going now I keep expecting him to come in and make an overly detailed post that sets both sides strait and sets a different tone to the thread, but it doesn't come...
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

• Rest in Peace Cyber Poet,
                I didn't really know you beyond a few interactions and just about every thread I searched or read. There you were, in every corner of this site providing very intelligent answers and feed back.
                Literally, I felt that you were this site. Every post you made was read like a scientific journal entry.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends.
                I invite you to church.

Comment

• I just saw this and I absolutely cannot believe it. I am speechless. I had just emailed Marc last Friday afternoon! God, this is unbelievable. What an awesome guy Marc was. Always willing to help to the best of his ability. He will definitely be missed by me and I know so many more.
                  'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                  ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                  ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

• On a sidenote I just happened to see the related threads at the bottom of this page. Here are the titles:

"Major props to the 'Poet"
                    "thanks to the poet"
                    "Help me CyberPoet"
                    "Thanks to Cyber..."

All posts made prior to his death. I think this alone tells you a lot about him.

Comment

• total shock...
                      CP has always been a greatly knowledgeable and helpful guy. his advise is always the advice i would wait for. In fact i was going to ask him a question right now... but...

CP you will be missed not just by me but every one who has met you. RIP
                      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

• I'm at a loss, I've known CP since the old KP days myself. I don't visit the forum much these days, but when I heard the news I needed to show my respect.

Sorry to see you go Brother. RIP.
                        -Tony
                        AMA #602868

Comment

• i was thinking about flying out to Florida t actually attend his funeral but . i then realized .... ive never met him. ... it kinda makes me sad that i didn't go to the rally and meet him.

here is one of my favorite threads regarding CP it's kinda funny really that even before he died he had a huge impact on the lives of people who haven't even met him.

You will be missed
                          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

• I wonder if he ever found that thread...
                            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

• My first time logging on in two days and I find that CP is gone. I can't find the words to say, but that we will be praying for all of the families he touched that will surely feel the loss. Pegs down for a friend. Goodbye Marc and thanks for everything you've done to make me feel like part of this community and the personal attention you gave to my questions here at Katriders.

Comment

• "Lord, send your angels to protect me and fly beside me as I ride. Have them point me out to all of the other motorists that I would appear as a bright and shining star before them." RIP Marc
                                "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

Working...
                                X