X

new to the board and to the road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the board and to the road

hey everyone i live in clearwater florida..

been riding for about 4 months now..

got a 1993 katana 600 from my step bro and well its a fixer up rode it till my engine died 4 days ago.. i think a combination of it sitting since 1996 and me had somethign to do with that...

anyways for now its not the prettiest bike

but it gives me somethign to put my money to and feel good about...

A work in progress is always a thing of beauty!! Welcome to the board!!
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

exactly honestly i coudl care less if someone narcs on it now or when its finished i still have this sence of pride inside saying you know what i made this bike what it is today i didn't just go out and buy it new... LIKE YOU...

Comment

uh....... I didnt go buy mine new, Mine is in the process of a rebuild and ahs been for quite some time and will be for quite a while longer. Mine is a total rebuild. I have had it to the frame and will again before I am done. I bought mine from a friend who hit a tree at 130. The only thing left on the bike that was on it when he owned it is the seat and the tail light and the exhaust.

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

o don't get me wrong i wasn't saying that to you i'm just saying alot of the bikers out there or well kids my age have bran new or almost bran new bikes that mommy and daddy probally bought for them maybe not.. but give the area alot yes.. and well no real appreciation for it i think that when you put alot of time and money as well as effort into a bike it performs for you better and you appreciate it more..

hope you know where i'm comming from here..

i mean you see guys on bran new busa's or gixxers and what not or when you goto the beach they look at ya a little wiered due to your bike being in progress.. but in the end my bike will look bran new but will mean more to me then a new bike due to the time and effort i put into it.

Comment

I agree with you whole heartedly

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more...all too often these days mommy and daddy buy their kids new cars and motorcycles. These are the kids that will more than likely dump it the first time on the road. I'm 19 and only a month ago was able to buy my own motorcycle. The pride and sense of accomplishment with buying your OWN bike is unparalleled. Welcome to Katriders.
                1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Welcome to the board. Glad to see someone that is a younger rider with their head on straight. I agree about the peeps who's mommy and daddy buy it for them b/c they want it. It is always better to buy it yourself b/c then you will take care of it a little more. There are afew out there that had their parents buy them things and appreciate it and take care of it. But moer often than not they just abuse it. Once again welcome to KR and enjoy the ride.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!!

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Woody!!!!
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I have the exact same bike....we'll help you get it running in no time.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum Woody, you have a lot of work to do.
                          Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Welcome.

graditude from self accomplishment is great isn't it?

Buc
                            it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Working...
                              X