X

New to the Kat World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Kat World

Well, like it says up top, I just got my first Katana a few days ago and found that this was the best forum . Anyway, I don't know how smart It was to get a 750 as my first bike, but after a couple of mishaps and some practice, I got the hang of things a little better... the only problem I'm havin is that my girl wants to learn on the bike also, so any ideas from anyone that was in that situation, please holla at me... I'm scared for the bike. I got a 2001 Katana 750 with 2,500 miles, Dark Charcoal. From what I can see, it has been dropped, the casing on the left side is scratched... but the left fairing is new with new paint, and the other side is in mint shape. Well, just want to say wassup to everybody and to thank you in advance for the knowledge and help I'll be getting from this forum.
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Welcome, don't know what to tell you about the gf, my wife is too short to drive my bike (and I don't think she can handle the weight.
    93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
      You could always find her a cheap used GS500E to learn on. They are great learning bikes, without having the fairings to worry about if it gets droped.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hope you don't spliff when you ride...
        Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Spliff!!!!
          Tell your girlfriend to sign up for the MSF course and learn how to ride, and then she can try out your bike
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

:bigfinger Welcome :bigfinger and as to your girlfriend I would agree get a cheap used gs500, ex500, or ev en an old 600 then once she gets some seat time and get comfortable then go out and buy a newer one.
            The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

Welcome to KR. I'm in the Lawrenceville/Grayson area, maybe we can get together for a ride. 8)

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                Hope you don't spliff when you ride...
                Welcome!
                Nah, I don't do nothin like that. I'm really careful when it comes to ridin, I know what these machines are capable of... from what i see on the streets, a lot of people forget that sometimes. I keep my spliffs at home...its just a name i was given a while back...

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                  Welcome to KatRiders Spliff!!!!
                  Tell your girlfriend to sign up for the MSF course and learn how to ride, and then she can try out your bike
                  great suggestion. I would recommend it for both of you. you take the course on 250cc bikes so they are smaller and lighter than a kat. if she can ride one of those, then she can try the kat. but it would be very dangerous to put her on your bike right off imo.

Comment

another vots for the MSF course... for both of you if you haven't been thru it before.
                    KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

welcome to KR!
                      West of Germany
                      greetz Carsten

Comment

Re: New to the Kat World

Originally posted by Spliff
                        after a couple of mishaps and some practice,
                        I'm scared for the bike
                        Welcome to KR. Just think since you had problems already, what kind of mishaps will she have with it. Like others have said, MSF course and a smaller starter bike for her is the way to go.
                        Keith Paton
                        Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                        13 GSXR750

Comment

yeah, thanx for the advice, i talked it over with her last night and she said that it was fine. i mean, its my first bike also, but its real nice and i have ridden before, and after a couple of days on this one, i got used to it real quick.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Spliff, tell me if your gf could handle the weight of the 750.
                            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Greetings and welcome
                              Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Working...
                              X