X

Hello! New Kat 750 owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! New Kat 750 owner

Hello everyone! I am picking up my 89 kat 750 tonight, so I wanted to drop in, and introduce myself. This board was a great help in deciding to buy this bike, and will likely be a great help as I get familiar with it.

I have always rode vintage bikes, but recently have wanted something to do a little touring with, and the Katana seemed like a good match. My ultimate goal is to ride from my home in PA to the PNW, and back.... Maybe even ride the AlCan if I can time it right. For the rest of this season I will probably try to put some miles on the bike to make sure it has no problems that will haunt me on a long trip. I may still try to hit the left coast if the bike seems ready, but my conservative goal is to do it next year.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and will post up some photos of my bike once I get it home.

Cheers,

Chris

uhhhh touring well make sure that you plan rest periods very well or you will be exhausted
    Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR. I have a 89 Kat 750 as well. I love my bike. Good luck with getting to know the bike and going on your trips.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to KR.
            sigpic
            1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.com
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

welcome !!! enjoy the ride .

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes! Got the bike home no problem.... Had to haul it because I could not get a ride lined up for the right time. Once unloaded, I went for a quick 40 mile ride. The bike felt great, and ran perfectly, but darkness was sneaking in, and a light rain started so I played it safe, and headed home early.

The bike is an '89 with 28k on the clock, but it looks almost new, and so far seems to run almost as well as it looks. I've had older bikes that looked this good, but everytime it involved a complete restoration.

At any rate..... So far I am very pleased with the bike. I think it may be an almost perfect fit for what I wanted, and it only cost me $1,600. Not to mention it is worth little enough that I can insure it for liability only which is another nice thing.

Hopefuly the weather will be nice tomorrow evening so I can get a few hours in the seat to see how comfortable this thing is after riding for a while.

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

If it is as clean as you say, that seems like a really good price to me. I think there are more PA guys in here than TX guys (alot of Canadians, too). Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X