X

I'm am new to [BEND ME OVER BIKES]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm am new to [BEND ME OVER BIKES]

OK, so now at age 52 I am thinking of buying a sport bike. It's a 1992 Katana 750 with 5900 miles from a friend who bought it new, He no longer has the time nor the need to enjoy the bike. This would be my first street bike of the sport type. Or is it? I traded my 1975 Harley sportster which I bought new in after just 3000 miles due to the damn thing breaking down numerous times in that same year for a 1976 KZ-1 900 Kawasaki. The harley was a pain it was never reliable. the Krazy Kz was very fast and had good power only problem was you had to climb up on the handlebars to get it to turn. Anyway, fast forward to 2001 last bike was a 2000 Honda Valkrye Interstate. This was a fast and wonderful sport touring bike. Spent many a days cruising and blowing off the harleys that my buddies rode. Sadly the Interstate was lost in a divorce some years back. I look forward to learning more about this Zuki and how it fits into my riding style and fun level. this will be cheap transportion also or so I have heard 40 Mpg? Insurance I am not sure of the cost. Anyone have any Ideas about this bike or how it rides let me know I would be curious as I am new to this type of Bend Me Over Bike. LOL

YE OLDE FLAT TRACKER
    NO MORE HAY BALES FOR ME. lol
    Michael Bluewolf

Welcome to KR ! And welcome to the Dark side! After a little getting used to it I am pretty sure you are gonna love it.
    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Welcome to KR. Having owned quiet a few bikes m'self in life I can honestly say this one has been my fav. It lacks the Snap your neck power of the GSXRs But still has plenty of umpf to get outta its own way without the feeling of sitting on a board or the pain in your wrists from being stuck in a push up position for hours on end. The ergos just seemed to be an excellent blend for me the engine is simple and robust, there for it stood the test of time in my book. I have had no second thoughts about selling off any of my other bikes but I think ill be burried with this one. Best of luck with yours it sounds like you got yourself a fresh 750 with a lot of potential!
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Thanks Sarge, I always try to get to know the bike by riding it with respect and letting it get to know me and getting to know how it handles,accellerates and stops.
        Michael Bluewolf

Comment

kats aren't as much a "bend me over" bike as true sport bike. they are classified as a sport touring bike and the bars are significantly higher. you can also always put on risers if you need to.

Comment

These bikes are actually a sport touring bike, they are pretty somfortable and go good to, they just aren't the wheelie popping endo bikes most people want. I mean look at all the other bikes people are getting killed on, i don't think i have ever seen an accident on the news where someone was rinding a katana.

Comment

hahaha Bend me over bikes!!! dude I like that way that sounds lol welcome!!! I'll bend you over any day!!!
              With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
              The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
              To the bang bang boogie
              Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Originally posted by ferrucci86 View Post
                These bikes are actually a sport touring bike, they are pretty somfortable and go good to, they just aren't the wheelie popping endo bikes most people want. I mean look at all the other bikes people are getting killed on, i don't think i have ever seen an accident on the news where someone was rinding a katana.
                Lost one of our classmates at bike class on a 96 600. And yes it was his fault. We all seen it commin and couldnt talk the lad down. The last day b-4 we finished the course he planted his bike into the side of an F150 at over 80mph. Speed limit.....35mph. RIP Anthony.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Welcome, Michael! You're never too old. There are a few of us in your range, so you won't be alone here.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks for the info, I haven't got the bike yet but, I am sure I can adjust to the riding position, but if not I my try your idea about the bars.

Thanks to you for the offer, however you would hafta be in first position for that to work for me. hahahahaha hair pulling optional LOL
                    Last edited by michaelbluewolf; 06-27-2009, 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

IMHO, a Sportster is MUCH closer to a sports bike than a Valkarie is to a sport-tourer. Really, Sportsters are basically sports bikes from another era.

The Kat 750 should serve you well. (I am in your age cohort, btw.)
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Welcome to KR
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        I have gone to find myself......If I get back before I return............Keep me here!

Comment

Welcome from Greensboro

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                            IMHO, a Sportster is MUCH closer to a sports bike than a Valkarie is to a sport-tourer. Really, Sportsters are basically sports bikes from another era.

The Kat 750 should serve you well. (I am in your age cohort, btw.)
                            Hi, The Valkryie Interstate was a dream to ride into the twisties. I surprised a many sportbike riders by dogging them on hiway 101 in the redwoods of northern Cali. True it weighed 800 plus pounds but would lay into a turn and let you scrub the pipes and still come out of the turn with little wobble when twisting the go grip. LOL profile pics shows that you can get up on the back tire! I collected a many of $100 bills that that couldn't be done. LOL Thanks for the comments sounds like a moto Mama to me.

Comment

Welcome Mike!
                              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X