X

Semi-new Katana owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-new Katana owner

I bought my first Suzu about 5 weeks ago - an '05 Kat 600 with 20k miles and 2 prior owners. First owner laid it down, so he replaced a couple of plastics and painted the whole thing flat black. Pretty stealth looking.

Only problem with it is starting on cool/cold mornings. Takes numerous tries & feathering the throttle, and the choke seems to have no effect. Haven't torn down to the carbs yet to see why the choke isn't working. Someone on another thread suggested replacing the plunger seals, which I know very little about. Will have to do some reading up.

Plans:

1) Custom rattle-can job in the coming months, my first attempt at wet-sanding, etc. Wish me luck.

2) Black-chrome windshield

3) Black shorty Pazzo levers

4) Replace gauge back-lights with hyperwhite LED's

5) Shift indent kit

6) New iridium spark plugs & new-ish coil packs/wires

7) Smoke front turn signals lenses w/ amber LED's

8) Mesh mod ...

What am I forgetting?
    '07 Yamaha FJR1300
    '05 Katana 600

welcome to the site! good luck on getting your problem worked out

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck on your projects.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you got your hands full!
          2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome to KR
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome! Make sure the choke cable is operating properly, before tearing into the carbs. Long as you're at it, add a 5 deg. advancer to the list of mods too!
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                  Welcome! Make sure the choke cable is operating properly, before tearing into the carbs. Long as you're at it, add a 5 deg. advancer to the list of mods too!
                  I read up on it, and considered it. I'm concerned about the increase in heat, though, since it's an oil-to-air cooling system. I already feel a good bit of heat coming off of it on short to moderate rides on my right leg. That's one of the reasons I plan to install an oil temp sensor & gauge.
                  '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                  '05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by BrianT View Post
                    I read up on it, and considered it. I'm concerned about the increase in heat, though, since it's an oil-to-air cooling system. I already feel a good bit of heat coming off of it on short to moderate rides on my right leg. That's one of the reasons I plan to install an oil temp sensor & gauge.
                    Unless your having over heating issues, it won't be an issue really.

If it's overheating, something else is wrong and needs to be addressed anyways.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X