X

Picking up my Katana tomorrow...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up my Katana tomorrow...

I'm picking up my 2006 gsx600F Katana tomorrow. I got it OTD for $4,500 with only 480 miles on it and the exterior is mint.

I took the MSF course and felt pretty comfortable with that. A lot of user reviews said that the Katana 600 is a decent starter bike (I plan to keep this bike for a long time). I plan on riding it straight home and then in a parking lot for the weeks to come until I'm comfortable. I have no problem going slow.

I'll post pics and let you know how the 4 mile ride home goes. HOPEFULLY without any surprises and with the exterior still mint. San Francisco better be nice to be.
    Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Congrats and welcome to KR.

Comment

Just be careful up in the city. Welcome to KR!
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Hi!

I have a 1989 600 rolling chassi, and a 750 parts bike that i am going to combine to make a 600 with a freshened up 750. I plan to have the bike ready with new paint and some minor mods for next year so that I can do the first part of a two part trip across Canada. Yea buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkronin View Post
          I have a 1989 600 rolling chassi, and a 750 parts bike that i am going to combine to make a 600 with a freshened up 750. I plan to have the bike ready with new paint and some minor mods for next year so that I can do the first part of a two part trip across Canada. Yea buddy!
          Uh...thread hijacker?

lol

Anyways...to OP...welcome to the family.....

Kats are the best starter bike there is....I have had mine for 3 months now...love it to death....but....

You'll start feeling it yourself as you meet new people and start riding with others that have bigger bikes....

I have a 99 GSX600F myself and have had a blast with it....
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR. The Kat is my first bike as well. You'll learn lots from this board!!
            This is only the beginning.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for your welcomings . It feels good to finally get the wheels in motion. Here in CA there was $250 MSF course, $28 License fee, over $400 in gear (I still need to buy some good gloves), the $300/year insurance, and finally the motorcycle! Now I just need tomorrow to come.
              Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

welcome

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR! The Kat is not a decent starter bike... it is a GREAT starter bike. No scratch that. It is a GREAT bike in general. If you plan on riding it a long time you will not be disappointed. My 2000 600 Kat was my first bike and is my only bike thus far. I am not disapointed one bit. I took the MSF course and the next weekend I went to pick up the bike. At the time I was living in the DC area in Herndon, VA. That day I picked it up and rode it back to my place to have some lunch. Then I rode around 495 (yes the busy beltway) from near my home to where I worked in Greenbelt, MD. It was a total of 38 miles from door to door. I was so confident on the bike I rode through DC too! You will have no problems feeling comfortable on the Kat. Good luck and happy riding!
                      Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to KR.
                        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Welcome!
                          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, Sounds like a good deal. Be safe
                            [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Congrats on the buy. Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X