No announcement yet.
X

Picking up my Katana tomorrow...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woow! great deal. Nice bike. SFO route 1...awesome. My dream ride..well one of them.

I'm still lost as to where my reply goes. I am learning>>>
    Last edited by katitoy; 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    KATitoy

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by katitoy View Post
      Woow! great deal. Nice bike. SFO route 1...awesome. My dream ride..well one of them.

I'm still lost as to where my reply goes. I am learning>>>
      Thanks! If you're talking about highway 1 I can't wait to ride it along the coast. I'll take my time to get to it though since I'm still a little fresh. I can't wait to get out and ride ASAP. I want to call in sick to work, but the boss is out. Your reply is perfectly placed.
      Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

Railroads are easy once learned....

Make sure you take them at a 90 degree angle if possible so you go across even....

Lift yourself up from the seat by standing on the foot pegs to decrease the jolt to your back.....

Cagers (cars) have no care about you unless they themselves own a bike...and since you cannot tell who does and who doesn't...trust none of them! Always think that car is fixing to pull out in front of you even if he/she doesn't....better to slow down a bit then hit them and wish you had

I'd recommend driving it as much as possible.....even if only for 10-15 minutes when you get home each night....

Longer you spend on it the more comfortable you will be....
        sigpic

Comment

Very thankful

Originally posted by monolith View Post
          Railroads are easy once learned....

Make sure you take them at a 90 degree angle if possible so you go across even....

Lift yourself up from the seat by standing on the foot pegs to decrease the jolt to your back.....

Cagers (cars) have no care about you unless they themselves own a bike...and since you cannot tell who does and who doesn't...trust none of them! Always think that car is fixing to pull out in front of you even if he/she doesn't....better to slow down a bit then hit them and wish you had

I'd recommend driving it as much as possible.....even if only for 10-15 minutes when you get home each night....

Longer you spend on it the more comfortable you will be....
          Thanks for the railroad info. I read about it in the DMV handbook and the MSF course touched on it too, but once in the situation thankfully everything comes together. Standing on the pegs seems pretty important in a city with a bunch of potholes in certain neighborhoods.

Cagers! I've been hearing that term a lot around here. Thanks for making sense of it.

Yeah, I definitely understand you about the comfort level. The first thing I want to do when I get home is get on my bike and hit the parking lot. This weekend is supposed to be pretty nice in San Francisco, so hopefully the wife is cool about me taking off for a couple hours

Thanks for the info!
          Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

Working...
          X