X

I am a newb again.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a newb again.

I am 22 and I am a newb at life for the most part I guess. I just bought a house, which I thought had a bad *** shed to house my 06 Honda shadow spirit 750. The house has a nice 11ft wide garage for my 97 BMW M3. Now it is home to another combustion powered thing, my new(old) 1990 GSX 750F with 27K miles. I got it for $750(Irony, I like that price) and the engine hasn't shown any signs that it has been TOO neglected. It even has its own workshop devoted to it!

No more paragraphs.
    To be changed:
    ~Chain.
    ~Clutch.
    ~Fairings(it had the 600RF fairings).
    ~Re terminating the majority of the electrical system.
    ~Last to be done New tires.
    ~Carb cleaned and re jetted
    ~Radiator fan replaced

Any suggestions?

Pics to come.

welcome to the site!
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by Threedays View Post
      I am 22 and I am a newb at life for the most part I guess. I just bought a house, which I thought had a bad *** shed to house my 06 Honda shadow spirit 750. The house has a nice 11ft wide garage for my 97 BMW M3. Now it is home to another combustion powered thing, my new(old) 1990 GSX 750F with 27K miles. I got it for $750(Irony, I like that price) and the engine hasn't shown any signs that it has been TOO neglected. It even has its own workshop devoted to it!

No more paragraphs.
      To be changed:
      ~Chain.
      ~Clutch.
      ~Fairings(it had the 600RF fairings).
      ~Re terminating the majority of the electrical system.
      ~Last to be done New tires.
      ~Carb cleaned and re jetted
      ~Radiator fan replaced

Any suggestions?

Pics to come.
      Welcome to KR!

Kats don't have a radiator fan.... or a radiator for that matter, only an oil cooler (no fan stock)....

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

welcome to KR .........it a great day to ride

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Welcome to KR!

Kats don't have a radiator fan.... or a radiator for that matter, only an oil cooler (no fan stock)....

Krey
          Then my situation became a little more complicated? I have a radiator.

I am researching more but my VIN comes up as a 750F. Although I mentioned it had RF fairings and now a radiator it isn't supposed to have?

Comment

Get some pics up and I'm sure someone can tell you whats going on. Maybe someone stamped a different vin into the neck of an RF (not sure if they are water cooled or not) and used a clean title from a 750 kat? I have a friend with a 99 900rr that had no title and the previous owner told him its titled as a 89 f1 600. I guess he just cleaned the frame up ground the numbers off and restamped it somehow to match the 89 title. I personally would be freaked out if that were the case...doesn't sound like my cup of tea being as its illeagle as he11 id say. But he got the title transfered and has no problem getting it inspected localy. Good luck with everything and welcome!

Comment

Researched some. Yes the RF is water-cooled. I am not able to guess at an engine size seeing as I've never tinkered with inline 4's. I should have pics up tomorrow, either way I have a bike to fix up and my first sport touring!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum. My daughter and her husband live on the base at Ft Stewart, so I'll be in the area this Nov for about a week.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome. there is alot of great people here.
                    Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

welcome to KR
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Welcome! We'll help you get it sorted out.
                        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                        BMC Notorious 918 HT
                        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome!
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Working...
                              X