X

Looking for...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for...

Hey, I am looking to add a sport bike to my stable and one of the bikes I am considering is the Kat.

I'm looking for information that might help me sniff out a good bike from all the turkeys.

What are some of the issues to look for in the Kats? What are their plusses?

I am decently capable at wrenching on my current bike (82 seca 650) with the help of the XJ forum, but don't know what issues to look for on these bikes, etc.

For example, a 2000 750 that is running well but missing the front faring. How easy are those to come by. How much to buy. That sort of thing. Don't mind fixing things if I end up with a good deal and a nice bike.

Any thing you can throw my way will be appreciated.

Ken

Kats are great bikes; bullet-proof and extremely reliable. They have a relaxed riding position too, which is great for long rides. The downside (if you consider it one) is that they don't have the power of a comparably-sized same-year 600-750 sport-bike. -but you can actually work on a Kat. Not overboard on the high-tech. If you can wrench an 82 seca, you can wrench a Kat as the technology is still 80s. But if you're still uneasy, have a Zooki mechanic look over any bike if you don't know what to look for on a Kat.

You can probably score a decent Kat for a lot less than a racer-replica of comparable size. There are plenty of used bikes and spare parts for Kats in those model years, but it may become more difficult as the years go by as they aren't making Kats anymore.

Look around the site. There is plenty of information here. Welcome to KR, Ken!
    Last edited by Nero; 06-04-2009, 01:20 PM.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Nero! You contributed! Nice to see once in a while! Just Playin'.

This is from CyberPoet's website...
      motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
        Nero! You contributed! Nice to see once in a while! Just Playin'.
        Savor the moment! Besides, I'm here for my own amusement. It's all about me, according to me.
        Last edited by Nero; 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
          Savor the moment! Besides, I'm here for my own amusement. It's all about me, according to me.

I suppose that about sums it all up.....
          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Welcome to KR! Oh and Nero, nice way to jack the Introductions thread!
            Last edited by jedney; 06-05-2009, 01:31 PM.
            Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome! Ken, now you can understand why Nero is called the Professional Thread Jacker. LOL
              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
              BMC Notorious 918 HT
              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

yeah i had to do a double take and i was like huh? Nero actually offered information?

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

See if I offer anything again.

I catch more sheit for offering it than not. Now you know how I got this way.

Here's some information for you guys. You're all putzes.
                  =USAF= Retired

Comment

Here's some info for you, you now have 33% of the posts in this thread.
                    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                    BMC Notorious 918 HT
                    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                      Here's some info for you, you now have 33% of the posts in this thread.
                      Not anymore!

Not if you smartazzes quit bothering me.

Oh, and welcome to KR, KT!
                      =USAF= Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        Here's some information for you guys. You're all putzes.
                        True that, but cant ya feel the love?
                        WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                        We Will Always remember!
                        sigpic

Comment

LMAO! Way to end a week!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome to KR
                            THE DOC
                            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                            mistake when you make it again.
                            sigpic

Comment

new to kats

Hey guys new to kat riders and new to riding hopefully u guys can help with some pointers and hopefully I can return the favor

Comment

Working...
                              X