X

Hello From NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From NY

Hello all I am glad to find a forum based on katanas. I am new to the riding world. I have just purchased my first bike. It is a 1990 Katana 600 with Second gear gone. I have a feeling that I know what the problem is but I will be asking many of questions in the near future.

My name is Mike and I am from Central Ny in the Finger Lakes region in the City of Geneva. If any one else is from the area let me know. I just want to say that I am glad to be here on the forum and looking forward to great advice.

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

WOO HOO!!

Another NY member!

I'm in Rochester, and I am in Newark and Canandaigua regularly. Let me know if you want to get together to ride. I've got a good buddy who lives on the East side of Seneca lake as well, so I'm in Geneva occasionally as well.

PM me!

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Greetings and welcome
      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

BISQ

Geting together to ride would be great but I have to fix this gear problem first. I am trying to find someone to help me with it. I am going to look at my motor when I get a chance and see how much of a pain it is going to be to fix it. If I can my self.

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

Comment

Welcome! I am also a NYer! From Rochester, NoT to far from you!
          I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcw
            BISQ

Geting together to ride would be great but I have to fix this gear problem first. I am trying to find someone to help me with it. I am going to look at my motor when I get a chance and see how much of a pain it is going to be to fix it. If I can my self.
            The most reputable Suzuki dealer around (read: the best service department) is Hollink's in Spencerport. If you can make it there, you will be one happy guy. They shoot no crap.

A closer alternative is Canandaigua motorsports on 332. I can't really vouch for the mechanics, but they're a "big" shop.

FYI, If your problem happened to me, I might got to CM to get it diagnosed (based on proximity), but Hollink's would get my business every time.

It does sound expensive, though. 2nd gear problems aren't something I've heard of on newer kats, and could be tranny replacement fodder. If that's the case, then I stand by Hollink. Call early. They're busy.

DO NOT go to Cycle Stop in Henrietta!

Hope that helps.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
              Originally posted by mikemcw
              BISQ

The most reputable Suzuki dealer around (read: the best service department) is Hollink's in Spencerport. If you can make it there, you will be one happy guy. They shoot no crap.

A closer alternative is Canandaigua motorsports on 332. I can't really vouch for the mechanics, but they're a "big" shop.

FYI, If your problem happened to me, I might got to CM to get it diagnosed (based on proximity), but Hollink's would get my business every time.

It does sound expensive, though. 2nd gear problems aren't something I've heard of on newer kats, and could be tranny replacement fodder. If that's the case, then I stand by Hollink. Call early. They're busy.

DO NOT go to Cycle Stop in Henrietta!

Hope that helps.
              I bought my bike from Wild Bill at Hollinks.
              I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Originally posted by tungsten
                I bought my bike from Wild Bill at Hollinks.
                Then you have bought into the best service around.

I don't know if they use that as a selling point, but it's true.

I didn't buy from them, but found a FANTASTIC wrench crew there, who take their work seriously, as everyone that I've met rides sportbikes.

"Wild" Bill--another one who tolerates no crap--lost me as a customer more than a decade ago for a few hundred bucks on a sale. (My mistake, as it turns out)

...but guess what....I go to his shop for anything hardcore that I need to trust someone on.

I learned that lesson in a BIG way (again) recently.

Hollink. Good shop.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                  I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Welcom NY
                    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Mike, have a blast!
                      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Thanks guys for the input. I will check out Hollinks. I have to see how far away it is. But I will check into it.

Comment

Welcome to Katriders Mike!!!!
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

welcome!
                            West of Germany
                            greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...