X

new Katana owner got a few problems need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Katana owner got a few problems need help

I just got a 1994 Katana 600. It has a gas leak.. Looks like it is coming out of tv carbs screws. What can I do to fix it. Also I cannot find a manual for it. Any ideas?

Welcome to KR! You will probably get more responses to your questions if you post in the proper thread. This thread is just for introductions so you might want to try one in the Service Department. Sorry I can't help, no clue what it might be. Some advice, try searching for your problem using the Google search function before posting. Some get a little cranky when you post a question that has already been answered a 1000 times...
    Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

welcome to kr!!

Comment

Welcome and sorry to hear about the problems. Jedney's right, post this up in hte mechanics 101 section, someone will prolly know what it is.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

What are "tv carbs screws"

If it's coming out of the bottom, it could be loose drain screws, bad float bowl gaskets... and a few other things.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yeah, post up in the mechanics section, but have fun trying to get 50 posts before you can. haha
            IM me on AIM-C0MPTONASSCRAIG

Comment

Are you sure the petcock is set to run and not prime? You need to elaborate a bit in order to get a "zeroed in" response to your question.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Well, welcome to KR!
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR! Use the search function up top, there are manuals for download on here.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome to KR
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

thanks for the advice. sorry for the rookie mistake.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Don't worry about the mis-post. It happens. A lot of new guys chafe about the minimum post rules but it keeps this a forum instead of a target for opportunists.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X