X

What's up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up?

I want to say I am glad I found this site, and that this is the first forum I have ever been a part of. I got my very first bike last year (2006 Katana 600) and have already put almost 5000 miles on it (after taking the MSF class and getting some good gear!). I'm glad to know there are people out there who like Katanas, as I was getting tired of people making comments like "it's a good starter bike but you will want something else soon." Well, no, I don't! I'm VERY happy with my Kat and have no intentions of changing to something else. I have already started doing some mods, and thanks to this site I now know about the mesh mod and will be trying that in the next couple weeks or so. Really glad to be a part of this, and to see/read about so many people who love their Katanas. Looking forward to reading a lot more on here. Take care!
    Attached Files
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Good on you!! The Kat is a great bike. Welcome to KR!
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome! I hear the same thing all the time, all I tell them is I don't care, I'm riding and it was cheap! Got it running myself, and it's not a bad bike. I don't need or want anything faster.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! It"s almost funny the comments I have received from other riders. People will ask me what I ride, and when I tell them a Katana they say "oh, I thought you had a bike!" They can keep their Harleys and whatnot, I like my KAT!!!
        "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR and have fun with your Kat!
          sigpic
          2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Welcome!
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks. So Nero, I see you have like a gazillion posts Can you tell me what the different levels are (skidmark, tank slapper, etc.) are and how many posts it takes to get changed?

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by Shipster View Post
                  Thanks. So Nero, I see you have like a gazillion posts Can you tell me what the different levels are (skidmark, tank slapper, etc.) are and how many posts it takes to get changed?
                  All I can add is that Nero is a post *****.

It's just that the mods haven't updated his profile yet.

BTW, welcome to KR. It's more addictive that Facebook and Twitter combined.

Comment

Welcome to KR
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

You just have to hang out here 24/7/365, have no real job that prevents you from ganging up with other posthos and posting like hellz all day long.

The names change pretty fast at first (100, 250, 500, 750, ect.) then it slows down. The levels will matter...until some admin or mod takes a liking or a hating to you, then they'll change it to something they want. Be careful what you wish for...

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                      All I can add is that Nero is a post *****.
                      And you let cats lick your junk...everyone has a hobby.
                      Last edited by Nero; 05-16-2009, 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

welcome to kr!!

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

So I've got to get to 100? Wow! I haven't ever even been involved in any forums before this, so I'm not really sure how long this is going to take. I just don't like the term "Skid Mark". I'm assuming it is supposed to be bike related, but I can't help thinking of something else, and that isn't something I want to be associated with. Guess I will have to start working on things to say.

sigpic

Comment

So I've got to get to 100? Wow! I haven't ever even been involved in any forums before this, so I'm not really sure how long this is going to take. I just don't like the term "Skid Mark". I'm assuming it is supposed to be bike related, but I can't help thinking of something else, and that isn't something I want to be associated with. Guess I will have to start working on things to say.
                              Look at my sidebar, 60ish posts and it has changed a couple times now, to stuff less embarrassing than skid mark! Also I like your bike, looks familiar...

Welcome to KR, do a lot of reading, these guys have perfected, perfecting the Kats into very well mannered machines.

J

Comment

Working...
                              X