Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking at this Katana tomorrow, good buy?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at this Katana tomorrow, good buy?!

Hey guys, loving the site, and I'm going to look at a bike tomorrow and wanted some inside info!

1995 SUSUKI KATANA 750 ONLY 6700 MILES

Listed for 2100, i was hoping to pick it up for under 2k...

what should I be looking for?

I think the price seems reasonable with the low miles, everything else i've been shopping around for in my price range (<2500) seem beaten and "old" looking, this seems pretty fresh and i like the low miles.

Let me know what you think, an di appreciate everything in advance!

Joe

Are you sure this is a 750? All the 95's I've seen have a solid one piece seat with a back grab handle mounted to rear of bike. This one looks like a two piece seat and wrap around handle. Other than that if it runs smooth, looks like it is a decent deal. With the low miles two grand is a real good price, but if it does run good, I would'nt haggle over a hundred bucks here or there.

Comment

The pics show 600 bodywork. Might still be a 750, but if so somethings been changed (motor, or the tail section)...

CyberPoet has a great write up on things to look for on a used bike.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

hmm different bodywork...could be sketchy

ill look up that write up..

any easy ways to check for a swap from a 6-750 or vice versa trying to run one by me?

Comment

cc displacement is stamped on the lower right side of the engine I believe...

There is a website the explains how to read the vin as well... hrm.. not sure if it has the cc associated with that. Let me see if I can find that thread.

After looking I found threads giving 2 different locations for the engine stamp... right side near the oil fill, and left side just above the clutch cover...

Anyone know for sure which is right?

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 05-13-2009, 09:20 PM.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            cc displacement is stamped on the lower right side of the engine I believe...

There is a website the explains how to read the vin as well... hrm.. not sure if it has the cc associated with that. Let me see if I can find that thread.

Comment

Here we go... this might help a little...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

what is a SUSUKI??
                sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                k9 GSX-R 600
                GO VOLS!

Comment

No dual exhaust either, but that could be a yoshi. I don't recall what the 600 stock exhaust looks like.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I like the color and it looks pretty clean. If it runs good, I would not sweat trying to get 2100 down to less than 2K (unless you need to get it within budget, but that does not sound applicable in your case). Definitely see if CyberPoet has a thread on used bike buyers checklist. I've seen one or two of his other threads and found much useful info.

Comment

Go for $1500 out the door; that bike is 15 years old. Beware that odometer reading; suspicious. Have a mechanic check it out! Welcome!
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR! Ditto on the mechanic. A 15 year old bike could have a multitude of issues...
                        Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to KR NJDSM. I agree with Nero, $1,500 sounds like a more reasonable price for a bike that old. What kind of DSM you ride 420a or 4g63?
                          We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

^^ +1.....Still seems like a pretty good deal though.A Mech that knows his way around a bike would really help seal the deal.Good luck and welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Someone once told me that whenever looking at a used bike always check the steering wheel stops to see if they have any signs of being damaged and/or repaired. From what I was told this is a sure sign that the bike has been in a major accident.

Good luck with it!
                              ROCP

Comment

Working...
                              X