X

Hello from TX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from TX

Hi folks, new to the forum and new to Kat's. Shopping for a used Kat now to replace my 1k Vstrom that the bank wanted more than I did. Daily comuter so will be reading up on your workhorse mods. Thanks for all the posts.

Eric

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome, Tex!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Another North Texan, that's awesome... :

Welcome to the site...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

you are looking to get a kat .. its already a workhorse ... welcome to KR
                  so many roads so little time

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a friend trying to unload an '02 600 with 6k on it. Said there was a 0mph tip over and scratches on the front but no breaks or deep gouges. He is asking 2500 for the bike which is in my cash range and based on nothing but internet information I had already tuned in on the Kat. I use my bikes as daily commuters (70mi daily) and the weight of the bike and the fact that it is a lot lower than my Strom was is part of what is appealing in the winds around here. I have only been in TX a year from Washington state by way of a 1 year stop in San Diego and rode through the rediculous heat last year (with full gear).

Any commuters? I had full luggage on the strom (Givi top and side cases) and was able to store my brief case/lunch on the way in and all of my gear (helmet, boots, jacket, pants) on the bike during the day. Is that practical with the Kat. Are there cases available?

Have not had a sport bike like the Kat before, but from what I have read the semi standard position on the bike makes it much more comfortable for straight line riding vs a rocket. Any comments on that?

Thanks in advance for the information. Looking forward to being back on two wheels and meeting some of you. (not that I wouldn't like to meet all of you, but, you know, location and all)

Eric

Comment

there are some cases available for the kat .. they are few .. and far between .. and usually pricey as hell .. as far as a everyday bike .. its nice .. all ive had since 06 .. ride everyday 2500 sounds like a great deal for the bike 6k with a kat is nothing .. itll go for over 100k if you just take basic care of it .. im in carrollton will surely get a ride in with you someday .. good luck on the hunt
                          so many roads so little time

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!Good luck on making your decision.....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

I ride mine daily now since I have to drop off company truck at a remote site instead of taking it home each day. Anyway, the 50 miles a day I am putting on it is pretty easy; almost all highway miles. The little bit I travel with fits underneath the very cushy seat or in a backpack. The previous owner handed me two crappy Fulmer helmets and the original exhaust at time of purchase, but he took the tank bag off. I have been thinking about getting a tank bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X