X

Hello from Wichita

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wichita

I bought a '93 Katana 600 a couple weeks ago, and finished getting various problems repaired this week. I've been riding cruisers up to this point, so this is my first sport bike. I heard about this board from the local sport bike board wksportbike.com. If you're registered there, I have a thread going with pictures of what I've been doing to the Katana.

So far I'm liking this bike a lot! Definitely faster than my old cruiser, and it feels better taking corners at speed.

I have the fairings off from when I was working on it, and I think I'll leave it that way. Here's a recent picture:

However, it fell over while idling in my driveway yesterday morning while I was taking the trashcart in (AAARGGHH!) and split the left engine cover open. I found a guy to TIG it back together, and rode around last night (after grinding on the kickstand stop to increase the forward angle of the kickstand), so now it has a stripe on it:

Welcome to KR! Enjoy the new ride.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Looks good man. Welcome to KR from a Derby/Wichita native
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome to KR! Yeah Kat's are notoriously bad for falling off the stand. Just make sure you rock it back when you get off and you shouldn't have a problem.
        Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome! Ride safe
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR! Ride safely!
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations and how to clean up the appearance of the headlight area without fairings? I was thinking about bolting or welding on something to mount the windshield to, but I haven't looked into this yet.

Also, are there good options for frame sliders? After cracking open my engine case, I want to make sure that stuff never gets hit again.

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
                Thanks for the welcomes!

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations and how to clean up the appearance of the headlight area without fairings? I was thinking about bolting or welding on something to mount the windshield to, but I haven't looked into this yet.

Also, are there good options for frame sliders? After cracking open my engine case, I want to make sure that stuff never gets hit again.

For the headlight area, most people just rip the gauges and all of that out and mount a single spotlight headlight up front. Black_Peter has a custom carbon fiber dash that he created, definitely worth checking out.

As for sliders for a pre 98, it's slim pickins. I think ne-oublie has a finished model coming out sometime soon.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KR Used to live there myself.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Good luck with the bike....Welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Welcome to KR
                              THE DOC
                              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                              mistake when you make it again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X