X

Hello and a couple questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and a couple questions

Hello all Im obviously new here and wanted to introduce myself. I also had a few questions if thats ok. Ive lurked around quite a bit and been very impressed with all the info on here.

I live in South Alabama and Ive loved motorcycles since my first little 50cc as a kid. Ive had my share of "standards" nighthawk, Suzuki GN and GS, Goldwing, various dirtbikes, etc... Ive been without a bike for about 4 years and miss it so much.

Well, a buddy is getting rid of his 95 750 Kat in August for an upgrade. This would be my first "sport/sport tourer" Im PRAYING I can save some $$ and get it by then. Overall the bike is clean. It has a decent rattle can paint job and is silver. no road rash/damage, etc. Im handy with painting and mechanic work and even restored my previous 1100 Aspencade from the frame up. After looking the bike over I think with some good wet sanding and a few shots of good clear out of my spray gun she would just glow. I also took it for a ride a couple weeks and even took the wife along. We both fell in love with the bike. The power was nice but not overwhelming and its more comfy than most other "sport" bikes Ive driven. (I know its more a sport tourer really) We talked to him about buying when he sells and we were both a little surprised he wanted only $1100 for it. Does that sound about right....I forget the mileage but think its around 20-30K.

Id also love to see any Kat pics from that year model era if anyone wants to post any.

Also thoughts of driving this girl to work everyday and on weekends are haunting my dreams at night. Is that normal?

Thanks, sorry for the long first post!
    '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Welcome to KR! You'll find tons of info here about our beloved Kats. Ride safe
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR. :
      I have a 89 750 you can see mine in my profile. It is a great bike and that is a cheap price for it. I paid more than that for mine. Grant it mine looks a lot different than when I bought it. If you and your wife like it then buy it. My wife and I ride mine all the time. You can take a short trip on it or go carve up the back roads. This bike will not let you down.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
          Also thoughts of driving this girl to work everyday and on weekends are haunting my dreams at night. Is that normal?
          I would call it normal.

There's my 89 750 parked outside the office. I ride it every day the sun comes out.

It's perfect for 2-up, long distance, and zipping around town at a spirited pace. It's a one-bike-does-all kind of deal for me.
          Last edited by Dexter; 07-10-2011, 08:44 PM. Reason: new picture server/host
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Yes, the price is good and the obsessive thoughts are normal. Hope you can pick 'er up!

And welcome to KR!
            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              and honestly if you don't have obsessive dreams, well then this might not be the forum for you :P
              1999 Katana 750

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Thats a pretty 89! Not helping me with these thoughts! LOL

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I paid 900cdn for my 91 Kat 600, but it had a few issues to solve. 1100 sounds good to me

Comment

Wow, I don't know where all you people find such great deals. I paid just over $2000 for mine and it was beat! I made it what it is today through lots of labor, money, and long winter nights in the shed with my sand paper and only beer to keep me warm.
                      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR sounds like a good price

Comment

Thanks all. Spoke with him again last night. He said it has 10,100 miles on it. I was wrong.

Still had dreams about cruisin the twisties last night. Man 2 months is a LOOONG way away. Im gonna try and get my $$ together and see if I can talk him out of it sooner.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X