No announcement yet.
X

1st Sports bike and problems already

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to KR! Yes, kickstand NEEDS to be up - a safety interlock feature which will prevent you from taking off with the stand down, and catching it on something.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR... I forget that everyday when I pull in to my driveway. I put the stand down while still in gear. It happens, even after five years of experience.
      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        I had that problem too but it was because the kickstand kill switch on the left handlebar was broken and the connectors were shot so it thought the kill switch was always engaged. maybe check that if your still having problems even after you try the kickstand

you can always by-pass the kill switch too, its a male-female connection in the wire harness, real easy to bypass
        1999 Katana 750

Comment

The kickstand was it. I just wasn't lifting it up enough.

Comment

I have been riding for a year, and forgot to put mine up the other day. Put er in gear, and wonk! She turned off.
            Live and learn...
            Welcome to KR!
            -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
            -My wife

Comment

i am pretty sure mine is disabled. but i never really ever try to go without checking so i actually dont know haha but welcome to KR!
              "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Might be worth checking. I'm not a fan of idiot switches but I do like to know if they're working or not.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hello and welcome to KR.com
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Don't feel bad,even people that have been riding for a while sometimes forget the kickstand....Welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                    Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

I think everyone forgot to mention the kickstand!

Don't feel bad, we all forget sometimes....it's even worse if you accidentally hit it with your left foot while shifting.
                      -
                      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Welcome to KR!. Happened to me once about 20 years ago, (also yesterday). Have you tried the kickstand?
                        sigpic
                        Pepe Bouchard

Comment

checked it out by accident today actually, i rode to a drive up atm, put the kickstand down, and then kicked it in gear ad rode like ten feet before it hit a bump on the ground haha so yeah mine is disabled....
                          "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X