X

Thanks to all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all

Hey everyone... My name is Kris, from Michigan. Bought my first bike a few weeks ago, a 2006 Katana 600 brand new only 2 miles on it. This being my first bike, and never rode one before, I was looking for exactly what the Katana had to offer.

But I wanted to thank everyone here for tips and past experiences. While I was waiting for my title I had plenty of time to search and read through this forum. I would recommend any new rider to do the same, learning from someone else's mistakes is easier than making them yourself. The best thread was the one about past accidents and what went wrong. The two most important things I got were 1. Most solo accidents occurred because of some sort of rider stupidity (just not thinking), and 2. Wear the gear.

I finally got the title and my permit, which allowed me to take it for a ride last weekend before I take the safety class this weekend. Now, I can't wait to ride again, I had so much fun.

Thanks again...
    sigpic

Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up.

www.dianesdream7.com

Glad to hear your thinking ahead, and reading up... Welcome to KR!

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR! good luck on the course
      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to KR
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome, Kris!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

welcome to kr, enjoy the biike

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR...watch for the rides we schedule...lot of fun to be had.

Comment

Welcome...Where in Michigan are you at?

Comment

I am in Commerce Twp, but right now my bike is in my friends garage in Brighton.
                    sigpic

Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up.

www.dianesdream7.com

Comment

Welcome!
                      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                      BMC Notorious 918 HT
                      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome to KR! Where did you manage to score a 2006 model that was brand new?
                        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

I found it at a local motorsports dealership, Monroe Motorsports in Michigan. They had about 500 used bikes, all kinds, when I went there a few weeks ago. My friend saw the bike and I fell in love with it right away, then to learn it was brand new - I couldn't pass it up.
                            sigpic

www.dianesdream7.com

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!Congrats on your purchase,and good luck!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                              Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X