X

Nu Gurl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatGrl 600 View Post
    Hi all! I'm new to this site and I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I have a Kat 600. I just started riding towards the end of last summer and I'm still a little shaky but I think confidence will come with more riding....at least that's what everybody keeps telling me.
    Welcome, Katgrl! I've had my 750 for almost 18 months now, and found it a pretty confidence-inspiring ride very quickly. LOTS of get up and go, but gentle on the throttle if you want to learn slowly. Enjoy!
    High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      How much is your head worth?-

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        Y'all are sad.. This woman introduced her self at 8PM she's got 2 pages of replies by this morning..
        Three Men introduced themselves around the same time..
        They have like 10 replies...

hahaha i was thinking the same thing... i think when i joined i had like 7 posts in my intro thread...

welcome to KR tho!
        -chuck

[myspace] [facebook]

Comment

Welcome to KR. That bike looks kind of familiar.

Comment

welcome to KR
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze View Post
              Hrmm..HEY , I know you. Welcome to the KR family. Good to see ya here kiddo.
              Glad to see you here and welcome to the family! As I told you, it's a great group to be apart of. Hopefully we'll be able to ride together soon. Looks like I may have to get a girl ride together soon as we are growing in numbers here in OH!! :tracy

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                Welcome, I find each season I improve on something so I'm sure you'll get better this year!

Right now I am working on a smoother shift between gears. I don't ride as often as I'd like to so it's not coming along as quickly as I'd like for it to. as the warmer weather approaches, I will get out there more.

Originally posted by Tinkerbell View Post
                Welcome to KR. Whoot another lady rider and you're in Ohio!
                Are there a lot of Lady riders on this forum? I hope to be able to ride a little more this summer and I don't necessarily want to be alone every time I go out.
                Last edited by KatGrl 600; 04-20-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Katgrl 600

Comment

Hey Ms. KatGrl!! I'm brand spanking new to riding as well. I take my course at the end of May. I'll have my bike out the shop in the next week or so, I'll post pics then.

Wish I was in Ohio so I could ride with the ladies!!
                  This is only the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by jedney View Post
                    Welcome to KR! Just remember the all important thing, NEVER ride above your ability. As funy as it may look to drag a knee in that corner, if you don't have the ability to do it your next ride could very well be in an ambulance. I think we all have stories of hits near misses when we first started, this is my third season out and I still have them every now and then. I even have a few hits because I did not take the advice. Luckily they were all low speed so me and my bike are still in pretty good shape.
                    Thanks for the advice, I will definitely not be riding outside of my ability. Safety is key. I fell a few times last summer but luckily I didn't get hurt.
                    Katgrl 600

Comment

you ladies got a problem with riding with guys
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                        Y'all are sad.. This woman introduced her self at 8PM she's got 2 pages of replies by this morning..
                        Three Men introduced themselves around the same time..
                        They have like 10 replies...

KatGirl Parking lots are your best friends.. Find one that is empty and practice, practice practice..
                        I'd be more worried about the guy that's been riding your Kat... You should read some of the stuff he's been up to on that thing..

I was forced to ride in the parking lot the majority of last riding season. I did not enjoy that at all. I must admit, I could use another session on starting and stopping because that's not always a smooth transition. I've done a little bit of highway riding and I look forward to more riding in general.

Originally posted by Breeze View Post
                        Hrmm..HEY , I know you. Welcome to the KR family. Good to see ya here kiddo.
                        I am looking forward to the meet and greet. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Originally posted by uniquelyme View Post
                        Glad to see you here and welcome to the family! As I told you, it's a great group to be apart of. Hopefully we'll be able to ride together soon. Looks like I may have to get a girl ride together soon as we are growing in numbers here in OH!! :tracy
                        I am all for a girl ride, just say when. You still have another month or so left right?

Originally posted by A_Lady View Post
                        Hey Ms. KatGrl!! I'm brand spanking new to riding as well. I take my course at the end of May. I'll have my bike out the shop in the next week or so, I'll post pics then.

Wish I was in Ohio so I could ride with the ladies!!
                        My course starts 4/21. I hear it's supposed to be very informative.
                        Last edited by KatGrl 600; 04-20-2009, 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Katgrl 600

Comment

Welcome to KR. Just stick with it, it'll all come together before you know it. My wife(tinkerbell) is taking MSF the 24th. Lot of parking lot riding but she's not been on the rode yet. We are friends with a few of the columbus group. Good people that are VERY helpful and easy to get along with. Nice to have you.
                          sigpic
                          1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

welcome
                            sigpic

Comment

welcome to the Group

The more miles you do the better the ride becomes .
                              Im still learning.
                              keep the rubber side down
                              I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by KatGrl 600 View Post
                                I am all for a girl ride, just say when. You still have another month or so left right?

The first of 3 surgeries in on the 22nd, with 2 more following 30 days after that...soooo....as soon as I am up to it (not sure the time frame for recovery ) but as soon as I am able, you bet I'll get it together. I'll stay in touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X