Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im baaaaaaaaack

lot of new names since i were last here
    anyway those that remember me know who i am those that dont - run and hide
    got me another gsxf to play on - not on the terms i would have liked as she is bought with the money from the insurance off my gsxr - loooong story but anyway here she be

not yet signed the dotted line as yet but soon
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Well welcome back stranger
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Welcome back man.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hello and welcome back
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back to KR, bigbike-r!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

thanks guys - its good to be back - cant wait to get back on the gsxf

Comment

Welcome back!

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So what is the story on the bike you built? What happen to it? Welcome back
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                  So what is the story on the bike you built? What happen to it? Welcome back
                  sore subject - let me pull up some pics for you
                  not a pretty site - not pretty at all

i cant remember where the build got to last time i was here - but for those not in the know - i basically started building my dream bike - kevin schwantz 1985 gsxr yoshimura tornado TT-F1 bike - over the past 4 years maybe i was building this from scratch - got to the point where it was almost complete - it had taken me years to search for the rare and exotic parts - yoshimura fairing - genuine yoshimura cold air feed kit ( not just a copy from airtech) yosh engine cases and exhaust system etc etc etc etc etc - you get the idea - then 1 afternoon 2 scumbags stole it in broad daylight from my yard smashed out the ignition bumped it off and took it a few miles away to the golf course rode it around the park crashed it into a tree - poured petrol on her and threw a match at it - the fire services couldnt put the fire out because it had gotten so intense - magnesium covers were glowing and fizzing the frame melted the right hand carb dripped off in a ball of molten alluminium - all the rare bodywork dripped off the heat shield and air feed kit gone - there was nothing salvageable - even the right hand corner of the head had melted in the raging inferno

Last edited by bigbike-r; 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Damn Danny, that's pretty raw bro. Sorry to see that happen to your baby.

Welcome back though, missed ya.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

build number 2 is under way - ive a few parts from an ex-TT race bike including tank and race seat unit - ill be putting a bandit 12 motor inthis one though and porting out to 1216 - i was initially thinking of going 1340 but for general street use im gonna run into cooling issues, even with fitting a head cooler so 1216 is as big as ill go - i did discuss 1472 at one point - but aside from overheating it would probably tear the 750 frame appart like it was made of toothpicks - im not going to build it in yoshi colours it will be SERT racing colours blue and white and will be very special when done - but with this one - everything has to be perfect before it goes on the build - i dont mind how long it takes to build, ill have my kat to get around on and the longer i take the more perfect it will be - ill enter shows and take it to events mainly when i get her done - at the moment she is nothing more than a rolling chasis with a tank and tail that currently is been stripped for paint, ive sent a set of raask rearsets off too as theyre flimsy and worthless so im having them made from billet into a set of one offs but thats as far as i am with it at the moment

i dont intend doing anything with the kat just tidy her up as i go and ride her really she looks to be in pretty good condition - may just fit some panniers and a top box and it can be my sensible bike for getting me from a to b, then when the next gixer is built, that will be the hooligan summer bike for fun

Comment

Welcome back! That is truly a lousy thing to have happen with your bike. I hope they rot in hell and their punishment is to try and tune a Kat with pod filters.....FOREVER!!!!
                        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I just made my re-debut again too. Welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back .
                            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Welcome back !
                              THE DOC
                              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                              mistake when you make it again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X