Back on a 'zuk...Introducing myself and 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on a 'zuk...Introducing myself and 750

What's up peoples?
    I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself-fair warning, this post is somewhat long
    A little about me:
    I have been riding for a few years....Started on an old Honda 400, then a Kawasaki Zephyr 550, then my most recent being a Bandit 600s.....
    Although the last 4 years have been taken off due to a bad accident my wife (then girlfriend) and I had on the Bandit about a month after purchase.
    A gentleman pulled out in front of us on the highway and then slammed his brakes to stop for something after letting someone merge in off an onramp; he merged into my lane when I was doing 70 mph and he was only around 45-50 before the stop...I did the only logical thing I could do in the split second decision and tried to steer my bike through a 220 ft skid after bringing it upright after the initial lockup, between his vehicle and the vehicle beside him-it didn't work perfectly Oh the thoughts running through my head...
    My knee contacted his trailer, and shattered...My wife went flying and was knocked out-she lost her spleen, collapsed lung, and bruised rib. We thank God everyday for being here and being blessed that's for sure...
    My wife was not cool at all with me getting back on, though I have wanted to ever since I healed...She has said she will not ride again(very sadly because I loved when she was with me)...Surprisingly though, she recently said a couple weeks ago that I could get another bike without being ....Needless to say within 3-4 days I had been searching and came across this 750 Katana....
    I gotta admit, didn't think I would like the Katana a whole lot...Then I drove it. I fell in love. It reminded me of my Bandit but better to an extent. It's smooth, comfortable, fast enough, and the looks have really grown on me (I used to be a naked bike kinda guy)...
    Simply put-the Katana is "just right" and I really dig it.
    I'm just glad to be back on and couldn't be happier with the Kat!
    I have done a few things to it-not much but just made it a little better-fender cut, new sliders (the left side in pic was removed last night for new one, and touch up work from prior owner driveway drop)...
    Now, enough of the talking-on to the pics!
    p.s. you will see one of my other passions in the pics-if you are a VW person, you may already know me

And some of the old bikes because I miss them!

the wife and I back in the day-

Nice to meet you guys!
    Thanks for looking-hope you enjoyed!
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

welcome - nice looking bike

Comment

Welcome! Nice first post

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome to KR.
        That Kat looks good
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Welcome to KR
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Wellcome! I like the bandit. I use to have one and now I'm looking to get the new 1250.

Comment

Glad you all right, both bikes look awesome!

Comment

Welcome to KR! where'd you get those katana decals i love them! know where i can find them or did you just have them made up for you
                1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Great that you're back on 2 wheels. Welcome to KR!

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

nice bike .. welcome to KR .. be safe and have fun
                      so many roads so little time

Comment

Welcome!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Nice bike and welcome to KR!
                          Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                          MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the kind welcomes and compliments-much appreciated! It feels great to be on two wheels again!
                            I find forums like this usually have awesome people and buku knowledge....been on vwvortex for a long time, plan to be here a long time too....

btw the decals are stock from Suzuki (2001 model)-I replaced the one side after I did some minor sanding and touchup work from the prior owners driveway drop....I didn't make it look perfect but then again $40 for paint, sandpaper, and decal is cheaper than the $400 prepainted fairing cost!
                            And I saved some money by doing a fender chop myself with a hacksaw-looks much better imho...
                            vwvortex.com : jettajake00
                            midmoriders.com :jettajake00
                            Go Cardinals!

Comment

Welcome aboard! What ever happened with the accident? Was the idiot driver found to be at fault?
                              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X