X

New To Bikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Bikes

Hello Everyone. I am new to riding and I have picked up a 2000 Katana GSX600F. It's blue in color. I have already started my tune up. I am also learning all of the mechanics that go with having a bike. I don't want to be one of those girls that rides but doesn't know anything about the bike. I have changed all spark plugs, cleaned my carbs, drained the oil (intercooler included), and put in a K&N air filter. I am just trying to figure out how I'm going to drop the filter. It's on there REAL tight and nothing seems to be working for me. Hopefully, you guys have a few suggestions...

hello and welcome do yourself a flavor and remove that k&n filter, k&n and kats do not get along
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Lots of great advice and knowledge here. Good luck with your Kat!!
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

welcome!
        sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
        k9 GSX-R 600
        GO VOLS!

Comment

welcome to KR! good to see another canuck
          a pipe wrench maybe? I'm not sure if it would even fit in there I haven't had to do my filter yet as I just got my Kat in march
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to KR
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              Former Marine 3/97-3/01
              MOS 0161 Semper FI!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Good luck with the filter. I only tighten mine as tight as my hands will get it.....
                  [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Welcome, cyberpoet sells the oil filter wrench you need. Send him a pm.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Get you one of these. I'm unsure of the size you need since I'm not at home to look at mine. Maybe some one else could chime in.
                        [ame="http://www.amazon.com/K-D-Tools-3253-Filter-Wrench/dp/B0002SR4AY"]Amazon.com: K-D Tools 3253 End Cap Oil Filter Wrench: Home Improvement[/ame]

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome
                            1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

Welcome to kr ......and use suzuki oil filtiers next time ...i got my oil wrench at wallmart for $3.25 it works well

Comment

Working...
                              X