X

Fresh GSX600 owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh GSX600 owner

Hey everyone! I just came along a great deal, 2002 GSX600 Katana (blue/yellow) with 1,700 miles, never dropped and in mint condition for $3,000! Only problem would be that it wasn't ridden all last season, so the owner bought a new battery and it starts, but sounds like it needs new plugs. He'll be taking it to a local dealership for a new tune up. Since I'm new to the motorcycle world, what would this tune up consist of? New plugs, Oil Filter, Oil, owner is filling it up with fresh gas, air filter should be fine, anything else I'm missing? Tires have no cracks and are in mint condition, and filled with air. Thanks for your help guys!
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

You're going to get ripped off if you bring it in. If you search long enough on this site you will find out how to do everything...a little blood, sweat and tears never hurt nobody.
    sigpic
    2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Comment

welcome!
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

welcome....
          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Welcome to KR
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

hello and welcome
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

If it's been sitting, the carbs are possibly gummed up causing it to run badly. Other than cleaning the carbs and adjusting the valves, everything else involved with a fairly decent tune up can be done in your driveway in a few hours with regular hand tools. You'll save a lot of money over taking it to a dealer.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well, the owner of the bike said he will get it fixed/tuned up to his cost, not mine :thumb:
                  "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

welcome to KR!
                    yeah if he's doing it at his expense then of course get it checked out, after that do the work yourself it's alot more fun (sometimes) but definatly more rewarding and that way you learn the ins and outs of your bike.
                    Maybe I'm just paranoid but what's his rush to sell? the bike honestly sounds like its worth more then 3000 and i've yet to meet someone who tunes it up at a shop at their own expense. Try and find out if anything has happend to it
                    If not then man that's one hell of a freaking good deal
                    1999 Katana 750

Comment

I agree..helluva price the way it is. Double bonus if the PO gets it tuned and pays.
                      It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
                        Well, the owner of the bike said he will get it fixed/tuned up to his cost, not mine :thumb:
                        Oh wow that's awesome. Sounds like the bike is his baby, that's good for you as a buyer
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Good deal!!
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                            welcome to KR!
                            yeah if he's doing it at his expense then of course get it checked out, after that do the work yourself it's alot more fun (sometimes) but definatly more rewarding and that way you learn the ins and outs of your bike.
                            Maybe I'm just paranoid but what's his rush to sell? the bike honestly sounds like its worth more then 3000 and i've yet to meet someone who tunes it up at a shop at their own expense. Try and find out if anything has happend to it
                            If not then man that's one hell of a freaking good deal
                            I agree, however this is the best buy I've ever come upon. Reason being is that the Original Owner (OO) is a lawyer, so his fear seems to be me going back to him because something was wrong. And the OO is the only owner, I'm now the second owner
                            Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                            I agree..helluva price the way it is. Double bonus if the PO gets it tuned and pays.
                            I agree
                            Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Oh wow that's awesome. Sounds like the bike is his baby, that's good for you as a buyer
                            Thank you!
                            Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                            Good deal!!
                            Yea, I'm excited about it too!!

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

congrats on the great buy! Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                              X