X

Hi from NC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mawhitle View Post
    I would like to take the time to say hello to everyone here. I have been browsing the forums. This site has a wealth of knowledge that pertains to my Katana 750. I just bought an used '05 Kat 750 from someone off craiglist. I plan to do some work to the bike.
    1.) Finish the illumiglo gauge install that a PO botched.
    2.) Change the oil and filter.... going with Mobil 1 Racing oil
    3.) New plugs... thinking NGK iridium
    4.) Oil temp gauge install
    5.) Tinted windshield (why do people use windshields you can't see thru? 6.) New tires (I need recommendations.)

This is just the beginning. Oh, so much to do... Later!

-Mark
    Welcome aboard, Mark. Tire recommendations here will generally be to get Metzler Z6, or Continental Road Attack. I have the Contis and they are great tires. I went with a 160/60 in the rear, and stock size up front.

As for the windscreen, it's a preferance thing. I painted mine black, and now it's getting done to match the rest of the bike. I never get low enough to see through it anyway.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Pirelli Diablo Stradas!!!! FTW

Welcome to KR
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

welcome to the family. Tires, you will probably get recommendations for the Metzler Z6 from this site. I'm very happy with mine
          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

I got mine from Craiglists too, the Illumiglo install was a hassle in my opinion, it took me the longest of any mod I've done...

Comment

Welcome!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
              http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
              Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Working...
              X