X

Almost a new kat owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost a new kat owner

Hello to all Katriders, i decided to purchase a 2006 Kat, this bike is "just out of the crate",untitled,but theres a problem, the sales guy calls me and says they couldnt get the bike to run due to there being old gas in the carbs,my question is why would there be gas in the tank if its outta da crate,are they shipped from factory with gas? and the sales guy called the other day and said it they got the carbs cleaned and the bike running properly,idling fine, so should i still purchase the bike after this? it comes with the one year warranty,so thats a good thing. i welcome anyones opinion on this,thanx

Welcome to KR.

Comment

It depends on the price that you're paying for it. Are you getting a good deal on it?

Welcome to KatRiders
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

welcome to kr!!!! and well just tell them well clean the carbs and do a tune up on it if you have to or some thing cause thats not normal. never heard of such a thing. i had bought an 04 in 05 a hole year in the show room and the only thing it had was the battery was dead.

Comment

Welcome
          Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

No, they are not shipped with fluids in them generally. This would be added by the stealerships at assembly (at least, it is locally).

But... "out of the crate" could simply mean that the bike has been sitting on the show room floor and never used. The local places here do gas them up and will roll em right outside and crank them up if you want.

How many miles does it have on it is the real question. You already know it's a 2006, so the bike (and all the parts) are at least that old.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR! If it is a good price and there are not many miles on it go for it!

Comment

i say buy it

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd do it. I rolled two new ones out in the space of one year...a very cool feeling. Do it.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Hiya, and welcome to KR!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's got to be a floor model, welcome to KR.
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Comment

welcome.
                            sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

welcome! i say get the bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X