X

Hello - Intro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - Intro

Hi guys. I bought a 94 600 a few weeks ago. This is my second bike, and my second year riding, so I'm still a newb, but do have some experience. My first bike was a 80 Kawi 750 LTD, so nothing like a kat, other than both having two wheels. I've found a lot of useful information already, and I'm sure I've only scratched the surface.

I thought you guys might enjoy a laugh at my expense, so I'll share a mishap from my morning. I started the bike this morning in the garage, and walked it out from the right side to let it warm up while I geared up. I went to set it back on the side stand, and something must've knocked it up. By the time I realized it wasn't going to catch the stand, I couldn't stop it from dropping. I was ticked and a bit embarrassed, eventhough I don't think anyone saw, so I walked to the left side and just he-man'd it up. I'm not a real strong guy or anything, but I was surprised how relatively easy I picked it back up. I never dropped my old POS that had front blinkers made of boat lights with amber bulbs and scrap steel, but I dropped this one early in the game.

Lesson learned.

The fairing has a little skuff, but it already had a small one there from the PO. Not a real big deal, but ticked me off none the less.

Thanks for the good info guys, happy to be a Katana owner.

Welcome to KR! Don't be embarassed, lots of us have dropped the bike in the driveway.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I'm not embarrassed to tell the story. Just would've been embarrassed if someone saw. Especially if they don't ride, cause they wouldn't get it.

I do have one question about the bike at the moment. The ride is much firmer than I expected. Is that just the way the bike is, or do you think they are adjusted on the firm side? I'll ride over fairly small bumps in the road, and my a** will bounce off the seat. My boys don't like it a whole lot.

I'm guessing the shocks aren't adjusted real firm, because I gave a small chick a ride last night, and I had to lean the bike quite a bit over to put the side stand up after she got on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

I dropped mine before I had ever even ridden her... lost her taking it down from the center stand. first and (so far) last time.

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome to KR!! I lost my balance and laied mine down gently on the driveway first time out this year . Boy was I ticked
            Bill
            1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR
              THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

welcome!
                sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                k9 GSX-R 600
                GO VOLS!

Comment

welcome to KR!
                  89 kat 750
                  2X 85 fz 750
                  03 1100 v-star
                  86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

hello and welcome
                    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome.
                      sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

Welcome! Right there with ya about dropping her. Done it several times unfortunately. I even did it leaving a gas station one time... DOH! Luckily I have not dropped her this year and did not last year so hpefully all the drops are in the past. You should check out the Bodyshop for ideas on repairing the scratches.
                        Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to KR
                          pveity = 100%

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                            MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment