X

New KRider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KRider

Hi. New to the site and to the katana, and two rockin two wheels, so i figured this would be the best place to start. My names jon, 20yo live in northern w.v. I previously tuned cars(have built a corolla, a few 240sx's, and done minor work to my current dailydriver, mr2) but was seeking my chance to strip 2 wheels and the cage. About two months ago, bought my first bike, 96 katana 600, and it has been great to me. Runs great, very fun ride, very forgiving, comfortable, but still gets a few looks. Looking to start modding lightly within the next few months. Right now i need a windscreen, mirrors, and would like to run full exhaust(single exit) k&n filter, and get it jetted. If anyone has exhaust, mirrors or windscreen, any help is appreciated. Thnx Jon

Sorry first pic is HUGE! tried resizing it 3 times. damned photobucket..
    Last edited by syphrus; 03-25-2009, 05:54 PM. Reason: Pics

Welcome to KR Jon. Skip the K&N filter, OEM will perform as good if not better and provide better protection, much easier to tune performance. The rest of it sounds good, and look forward to seeing some pics.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR! Take a look in the Parts for Sale section, someone's probably got what ya need.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the filter advice. Saves a lot of time money and hassel. I was looking at a vance and hines exhaust someone has that needs repacked and painted. Thought about buying it. If im not working, at class or riding, im normally on here looking at what i could/should be buying if i was not so poor. lol. Pics up. And damn you guys are fast!!

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

welcome! nice ride.
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

Welcome to KR! Nice looking Bike!
                Bill
                1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR

Ditto on ditching the K&N
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR.
                      sigpic
                      1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Hi, and welcome to KR!
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Welcome to the site Jon. GL with all your mods and make sure to keep us all updated
                              R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

Working...
                              X