X

New to the forum just bought a KAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum just bought a KAT

Hello fellas, I just bought my second bike after not having ridden for 8 years. The only motorcycle I've ever ridden has been a katana. My first was a 96' 600, and the one I just bought is a 91 750. I am a sucker for older bikes in great shape, and wanted to get back into riding before buying a b-king (I know 90% of people think its ugly as sin). I loved my katana and am looking forward to picking up my new bike. I just won it on Ebay yesterday : item number 330316335443. I know its all the money for a bike that old but I can feel the love that owner put into this bike. I'm looking forward to using my katana to get back into riding. One thing.....who the heck makes a clear or aftermarket tail ight for the 88-95 style? I know my 96 had a different tail, and I can't find one for the square backed 91' I have. Have a good one!

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome to the site!
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome to KR
            The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
            http://myspace.com/solsticio
            www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

The pre 600 and 750 had different tails. I'm not sure exactly who is in the market of making them right now. I'm working on making some moulds right now, but I'm having some pre-production issues with my oven I have to work out first.

Welcome to KR!
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

hello and welcome
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  Bill
                  1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome.
                    sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KR

I know clear alternatives makes the ones for the newer style.. worth checking out.

Comment

Welcome. I'm not much for the older Kat's, don't care too much for the square boxy headlight, but that is one nice looking Kat. You can tell it was well taken care of!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I just got the kat home this morning....man it is in great shape. I cant wait to give it a shakedown run and start putting some miles on her.......even though a big part of me doesn't want to wear out such a good example of a classic kat.

Comment

Working...
                              X