X

new from NY..Katana 600 Rider ~~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new from NY..Katana 600 Rider ~~

whats up everyone..Im Mike..my nickname is Windex. Long story about that lol.

I just bought a 2003 Katana 600. I got it from my friend for a really good price. It has been down in the driveway so there are some scratches on the fairings which will be repainted at the end of the riding season this year. Im an ATV/Dirt Bike guy just getting into riding. just saying WHATS UP !!

here is my bike for ****s and giggles

its going to be repainted in a bright Ferrari Red .

oh and does anyone know how to take that ugly as hell gas tank bra off ?
    Last edited by Windex921; 03-23-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

welcome to KR got a rite side fairing for u if u need it ride safe and fast!!!!
    pveity = 100%

Comment

thanks but all the fairings are mint..just paint scratches..no cracks. im going to take all the plastics off after the riding season and I got a boy who owns a paint shop who is going to hook me up with painting everything for $400. so Its all good..thanks anyway though.

Comment

if you take the fairings off and the seat that bra thing should be easy to take off.... ive never had one of them so im not sure how it connects but im sure it is easy to remove.

welcome to KR!
        -chuck

[myspace] [facebook]

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR. I like the color.

Comment

Well Cum!!!
              With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
              The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
              To the bang bang boogie
              Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome! FYI - that bike is not a 2003, unless the PO put a 98-02 tail section on it (don't know why anyone would do that). Just a heads up, most parts are the same from 98-06, but there are some differences from the 98-02 and the 03-06.
                  2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by xero View Post
                    if you take the fairings off and the seat that bra thing should be easy to take off....
                    welcome to KR!
                    I got it to come off without taking the fairings off. all I did was remove the seat and the clips slid right out.

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                    Welcome! FYI - that bike is not a 2003, unless the PO put a 98-02 tail section on it (don't know why anyone would do that). Just a heads up, most parts are the same from 98-06, but there are some differences from the 98-02 and the 03-06.
                    nah I just relooked it..its a 2001...not really too upset he told me the wrong year..he had it confused with his R1. still got it for next to nothing so no complaints.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Now tell us the Windex story!
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                        Welcome to KR

Now tell us the Windex story!

I work at Best Buy for the past 4 years and everytime there was downtime I was always clean EVERYTHING..I hate dust and dirt..I hate STREAKS on windows so you will generally find me with a bottle of windex in my hand...it got to the point where everyone would just call me windex and didnt know my real name and it just stuck that way lol..

Comment

hello and welcome
                          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome. I bought my '01 in early 2004 for about $3000. It was flawless with only a few mods and 4000 miles on it. The PO handed me the original exhaust and a couple cheapy helmets. I am 6'4", 195 lbs and liked the fit of the Kat. I grew up on an old Suzuki TM 100 dirt bike. At the risk of stating the obvious, PRI is "prime", not "primary". I suggest riding wit it set to ON. D'oh! Have fun, be safe!

At least I think it is an '01???
                            Last edited by Chuck in Austin; 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yeah its an 01

Comment

Working...
                              X