X

A lot of questions....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of questions....

I'm currently the high bidder on a nice 98 (600) model on Ebay that will end today. Regardless if I win I really like the value in used Katana's compared to other sportbikes. My interest is in using the Katana as a sport tourer. I've haven't had a bike in over 10 years but I'm excited about getting back into them. I had looked at dual sports as an option but they never fit with my riding style. In the past I have owned a couple GS750ES's and my last bike was a 90 GSXR750.

First off I would like to get a nice tank bag for use. What do you recommend? And second I have an iPhone to use for navigation purposes. Anybody recommend a mount for it that they have used?

Also anything else you the experts could recommend would be greatly appreciated. I'm browsing the forums after I post this just to see what is possible.

Rob

I might think TDR has used an I phone mount.
    He also has a Starbucks Barista 5000 with build in burr grinder, in tank water filter and gold plated filter mounted on his 'busa as well.

Everyone who has used them likes RAM mounts. Do they make one for the phone?
    As for tank bags, I have used Chase Harper, Nelson Riggs, and Joe Rocket. Been happy with all of them except that, the Joe rocket was magnetic and it scratched my paint. I would go with old fashioned straps.

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks for the info. Looks like there is a RAM generic mount that fits my need for $32. Mount.

As far as tank bags go. I remember how I dearly loved my tank bag on my Gixxer. But it was magnetic and it scratched up my tank a lot. On the the other hand though it was really convenient. I do like the Joe Rocket Hammerhead.

Comment

Welcome to KR.
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Welcome back to the biking world, Nelson Rigg makes good tank bags with great customer service to boot.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Everyone who has used them likes RAM mounts. Do they make one for the phone?
                My friend with an iPhone said he hasn't seen one he would trust yet...
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Welcome, take a look at Cortech by Tour Master bags, they are nice. Nelson Rigg bags are nice too.
                  2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Hello and welcome to KR.com
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Working...
                            X