X

Another hello from Ohio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another hello from Ohio

Also a total newb. Took delivery of my brand new, 0 miles 2004 GSXF 600 on Friday 7/1/2005. The damn thing sat in the garage all weekend because I couldnt get my temp m/c license on Friday, but I did practice starts, stops, turns and shifting in the drive. Once I get legal and geared up, this riding stuff is gonna be a LOT OF FUN!!! Looking forward to meeting fellow Katriders from (NE) Ohio or wherever they may dwell.

Jim

A big welcome to another Ohioan!!!! please feel free to contact any of us if you would like to go for a ride or have any questions.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
      Finding someone to ride with in Ohio shouldn't be too hard.
      Happy Riding!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome! I can't believe you had the self controll not to drive it! Well done!
        I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Freight Dog , eh ? You push boxes for a living , too ? I see cars at the airport with "fr8 dog" and the plates , and I wanna smack those people . : Anyway , how far from the river (Cincy) is ya ?
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Welcome to Katriders DOG!!!!!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Freight Dog , eh ? You push boxes for a living , too ? I see cars at the airport with "fr8 dog" and the plates , and I wanna smack those people . Anyway , how far from the river (Cincy) is ya ?
              Yeah, we deserve to get smacked occasionally. I live just north of Akron but I will be right on the river in about 4 hours. Flying cancelled checks into LUK tonight. We go into CVG daily too. Are you a DHL guy?

By the way, I just found out today I won't be a freight dog for much longer. I go to jet school in Aug and then I move up the food chain to passenger charter. Slightly better hours and pay and most importantly, more pretty women to look at!

Oh, and my sis lives somewhere between Cinti and Dayton. I might just finally have an excuse to go visit her and perhaps do a ride wit' you souwest Ohio peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog
                Yeah, we deserve to get smacked occasionally. I live just north of Akron but I will be right on the river in about 4 hours. Flying cancelled checks into LUK tonight. We go into CVG daily too. Are you a DHL guy?
                Yup .
                By the way, I just found out today I won't be a freight dog for much longer.
                Me neither , as they're shutting down the CVG operation and moving to ILM , laying of a few thousand people . But at least I won't be pushing boxes anymore , and maybe my back will stop hurting .
                Oh, and my sis lives somewhere between Cinti and Dayton. I might just finally have an excuse to go visit her and perhaps do a ride wit' you souwest Ohio peoples.
                Well I'm actually south of the river (Ky.) about 35 miles , and there ain't really alot of fun stuff much north of HERE , let alone the Ohio side . But hey , if you head out this way , that's cool . We'll find something to do .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey Katgirl, thanks for the welcome. You being from Hamilton, you might be interested to know that we fly into YHM daily too (or hi as they like to call it now). I've probably landed at that airport a thousand times in the last few years. Maybe we could meet up at Timmy's (Horton's) on the field for a coffee and a donut and you can show off your ride and I'll give you a tour of my little plane.

Comment

Thazkat, tungsten and ZukiFred, thanks for the welcomes!

md86, that sux about your job going away. That's a raw deal for CVG in general after they just built that nice new facility. Like you say though, you're probably better off. I hope you find something that gives you lotsa bike time.

Comment

Welcome to KR. I'm also in SW Ohio area. Let us know when your down this way.
                      Keith Paton
                      Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                      13 GSXR750

Comment

welcome to KR!
                        West of Germany
                        greetz Carsten

Comment

hi freight dog, i'm from the north canton area... i ride up up towards the akron area all of the time. once you get legal give me a hollar and we will go for a ride.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Thanks, skasner. I will definitely take you up on that.

Ohio DMV snafu'ed my stuff. Apparently South Carolina suspended my license for a fender bender 10 years ago. (No, I never had a South Carolina license). They won't even issue me a temp package until I send SC $100.00 to reinstate my license there! What a bunch of BULL$^!%!

At least it doesn't affect my current Ohio DL...

When I get this crap worked out, I'll be right with you guys...

Comment

Greetings and welcome
                              Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Working...
                              X