Hey All- New Texas Member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey All- New Texas Member

Hello all-
    Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone since I will be spending a lot of time on here while I learn to build and ride my bike. A little about myself- I am 24 y/o from Houston that is going to college in Lubbock, Tx. I am a Paramedic and a Nurse Tech in the ER at our Level One hospital here in Lubbock. I attend Texas Tech and South Plains college. Everyone I work with thinks that I am crazy for getting a Katana (Hogs are the safe way to go, they say ). I just purchased a 88 GSX600F with 17k miles on it. This is my first bike and I love this thing. The history on the bike is that it was laid down by the original owner. He then proceeded to tear the bike apart so he could mod it out. Well after a few years he boxed it up and left it alone. A guy got put it together and then I bought it from him. There are no problems with the frame or mechanical items. Its all cosmetic things with the fairings. My first mod is to replace the fairings that are damaged and painting the bike! I look forward to learning all I can from you all!
    Nik

PS- if anyone knows of some fairings please shoot me a line! I need the front upper and lower fairings on both sides.
    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Welcome to KatRiders Nik!!!
    For the fairings you could PM Special K to see if he has any for sale, Or check EBAY. There are usualy a few on ebay.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Hello from Texas Nik, i hope you can put together your bike without any trouble.
      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I am looking forward to building the bike- hopefully no surprises!

Thanks for the connection, will shoot them a line.
        Nik

Comment

No problem Nik, it's always a pleasure here at KR, post some pics as soon as it starts coming together.
          Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Welcome to KR Nik. I'm also a Paramedic/Firefighter that use to work in the ER as a tech. I'm working in Specialized Services part-time now and pickup in the ED once n a great while.
            Keith Paton
            Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
            13 GSXR750

Comment

welcome to KR!
              West of Germany
              greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome ... It's great to see another Texan on board!
                ~ Lisa
                2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

MedicFFKat- Glad to see I am not the only insane member from the medical field

To everyone else- thanks for the shout outs! Glad to be here

Comment

Welcome to katriders CraztMedic!!!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KR, 'Medic! Don't listen to "everyone else." You've got a great ride!

The great philosopher, Willie Nelson, once said, "If I'da known who 'they' was, I'da kicked 'they's' ass years ago!"
                      2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Working...
                      X