Comment

Welcome to Katriders ...

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
        http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
        Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

sounds like an alright deal too me

Comment

Welcome to KR Lance!! The Katana is a great bike you will love it. I love my 89 600. These bikes last forever if you take care of them. A little heavy but quick and stable on the highway. Talk the dealer down on the price maybe $3000 out the door. If not look around more it’s a good time of year to buy. Before you hand over the cash make sure second gear works properly that is a costly repair if you can't fix it your self. Bad riders like to take out second gear. Good luck!
              Bill
              1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lance E. View Post
                I've beening looking at 2000 Katana 600 with 7,000 miles on it that I found at a dealer, although not a Suzuki dealer. I've researched on net and found a lot pro's and con's. I'm looking for a bike that I can keep for a awhile. Found your site and figured you would have the best advice on good, bad on this bike and what to looke for down the road with maintenance if I purchase it. Dealer's asking price is $3000.00. It is a reputable shop. All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                Two items of interest here:

1.) I purchased a 2000 Kat 600 with 5000 miles on it back in October and paid $2500. My bike is in great condition too! The only difference is I bought it from an individual who really needed the money to pay some medical bills, so she was motivated. IMO $3000 is still a good deal given the miles and the fact it's a dealer bike.

2.) I originally wanted a Ducati Monster (I've been begging the wife for one for years now, it's the bike that got me looking at riding), but when it came time to buy I had to do a lot of research and determine what I really needed in a bike beyond "bad-boy streetfighter" looks. The duc got nixed really quick due to parts prices, reliability, and lack of wind protection. I knew I'd be doing some touring and lots of highway commuting, so the Kat's features appealed to me. Add to that the low purchase price and maintenance costs along with the beautiful lines and you have a winner in my book. In my searching there was no bike like the Katana - certainly not one like it that looked this good!

Anyway, hope that helps. Oh and welcome to KR! this place rocks!
                Originally posted by katanawarrior
                I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

~wave~

Comment

take it
                    welcome

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

welcome
                        "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Working...